DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

dvds i couldn't find today...

Old 09-07-04, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

dvds i couldn't find today...

Exciting new dvd release...even though im broke i sell my gameboy and a bunch of games so ican afford all the rad dvds that are coming out today...TARGETS: Dawn Of The Dead, SNL Will Ferrel 2, Clerks X, Eddie Murphy raw...I go to Future Shop, Superstore, and Walmart and all I find is DOTD....what a dissapointing day...this happen to anybody else in Canada??
Old 09-07-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not in Canada; should I not be replying to this?

I was only looking for Angel: Season 4 (the others I wanted, I ordered from DDD) so I went to Sam's Club at noon, and not only didn't they have it, I didn't see any new releases there. I went to Costco after work, and fortunately, they had it there.

Rob
Old 09-07-04, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where is also the Rounders SE????
Old 09-07-04, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No luck for Clerks here either. What's up with that?
Old 09-07-04, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

in the US, add Terror Train and The Funhouse to DVDs not found at best buy and circuit city.
Old 09-07-04, 06:57 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep I'm from Canada. Went into Futureshop expecting to see all these new releases, walked out with nothing

I noticed sometimes Canada is a week late, oh well.
Old 09-07-04, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Walmart didn't have Clerks X today!!!! Damn you all to HELL! So I drove over to CC and got the last one, bitches!

Anyway, Now I'll use the 5 off coupon for Jersey Girl. I know, I know but still the movie will cost like 10 bucks now.
Old 09-07-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In Mother Canada DVDs don't find you.
Old 09-07-04, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't think it's just Canada. I bet the holiday weekend has something to do with stores not getting copies of certain titles.

I went to Circuit City and Best Buy today. Neither of them had any copies of:
Clerks X
Eddie Murphy: Raw
Old 09-07-04, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Exciting new dvd release...even though im broke i sell my gameboy and a bunch of games so ican afford all the rad dvds that are coming out today...TARGETS: Dawn Of The Dead, SNL Will Ferrel 2, Clerks X, Eddie Murphy raw...I go to Future Shop, Superstore, and Walmart and all I find is DOTD....what a dissapointing day...this happen to anybody else in Canada??
So how much was DOTD at Futureshop and Walmart in Canada? I didn't get a chance to shop around today?
Old 09-07-04, 07:25 PM
Banned

Had the same problem with Dallas last week.

Try Superstore, the ones out here in Western Canada have them, you'll have to pay a couple bucks more than BB or FS, but if its worth it to you, go nuts.
Old 09-07-04, 07:31 PM

Clerks X has been delayed till the 21st in canada...must be because Alliance is handling this,also it will probably have billingual packaging.So I pre-ordered it thru amazon.ca... the import american version for $31.The price has since gone up because they always raise their prices on the release dates.Also Rounders is delayed till the 14th same reason as above Alliance is releasing it.Damn them!!

Last edited by Kolchak; 09-07-04 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-07-04, 07:32 PM

DOTD was $45.99 at Future Shop, $50 and change at Walmart.

Future Shop had no Hitchcock movies today. Best Buy had "Foreign Correspondent" only.

Future Shop/Best Buy had no Red Heat or Clerks today. (Although I suspect this is because Alliance Atlantis here in Canada has to French-ify the packaging. Makes sense to piss off customers with a delay just so you can piss them off more when it finally comes out with French all over it.)

My Future Shop had Eddie Murphy Raw and Star Trek:Generations (which has been recalled, FYI).

My Future Shop/Best Buy had none of the newest Fortune Star/Fox releases. Great Hong Kong films that have an SRP of like, $8? Yeah, why carry those, you dopes?

I'm done.
Old 09-07-04, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I found everything I was looking for:

Clerks
Jersey Girl
Eddie Murphy Raw
Ladykillers
Rounders
Murder on the Orient Express

Very happy with my BB for once .
Old 09-07-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As mentioned, Clerks is postponed a few weeks, same with rounders and ginger snaps back. I couldn't find Storyteller Greek Myths anywhere and no one has the Hitchcock box set yet (seems it's coming out next week too even though the singles are available)... also, wasn't Will & Grace coming out this week?

I picked up Dawn of the Dead and RAW but was pretty disappointed since there was so much more I was hoping to get.

MATT
Old 09-07-04, 08:02 PM
Returning banned

I couldn't find a widescreen version of the Last Samurai at Circuit City. They only had fullscreen editions.
Old 09-07-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went back to future shop to buy Curb your enthusiasm season 2 and found the will ferrel vol 2 and eddie murphy raw i was looking for...the funny thing is, they weren't out earlier when i went in and asked the guy there if that was all they got for new releases today..'yep, thats all we got' was what he told me and i proceeded to tell him how disappointed i was that i couldn't get 'raw' today...lame lame lame
Old 09-07-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mcharro3
DOTD was $45.99 at Future Shop, $50 and change at Walmart.

Future Shop had no Hitchcock movies today. Best Buy had "Foreign Correspondent" only.

Future Shop/Best Buy had no Red Heat or Clerks today. (Although I suspect this is because Alliance Atlantis here in Canada has to French-ify the packaging. Makes sense to piss off customers with a delay just so you can piss them off more when it finally comes out with French all over it.)

My Future Shop had Eddie Murphy Raw and Star Trek:Generations (which has been recalled, FYI).

My Future Shop/Best Buy had none of the newest Fortune Star/Fox releases. Great Hong Kong films that have an SRP of like, $8? Yeah, why carry those, you dopes?

I'm done.
That's why I couldn't find Clerks X.

I however did find all 5 movies of the Fortune Star/Fox releases at the Sherway Gardens in Etobicoke at the Hollywood Videos store (I think thats what is called. The one by the food court and Sporting Life) for $9.99 so I'm happy.
Old 09-07-04, 10:53 PM

I went to WalMart/Circuit City/Meijers & Best Buy and was unable to find:

Dial M for Murder(Or the Hitchcock boxset for that matter)
Law & Order CI S3
Law & Order SVU S5
Sssss
Jim Henson's Storyteller-Greek Myths
or
My Favorite Martian S1

I must say however, every associate at each of these stores took me to the Law & Order titles that had already been released and were intent in telling me that Dial "M" for Murder was "Science Fiction"...I kid you not. At least Amazon had them all available for immediate shipment so, I'll be getting them on Thursday despite all the help I received.
Old 09-07-04, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by scarredgod
in the US, add Terror Train and The Funhouse to DVDs not found at best buy and circuit city.
I dont know about CC, but Best Buy doesn't carry either of those titles in their stores, only online.
Old 09-07-04, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I couldn't find Latter Days anywhere.

I went to:

- Best Buy
- FYE
- TWO Blockbusters
- Movie Trading Co.
- Barnes & Noble

and nothing, so I broke down and rented the R-Rated version.
Old 09-07-04, 11:01 PM

Walmart had like 3 Jersey Girl and no Clerks X.

Lame.
Old 09-08-04, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
There was plenty of clerks X at the secret stash in west wood.
Old 09-08-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No luck finding Strangers on a Train by itself, but the new Hitchcock collection was everywhere!
Old 09-08-04, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kolchak
Clerks X has been delayed till the 21st in canada...must be because Alliance is handling this,also it will probably have billingual packaging.So I pre-ordered it thru amazon.ca... the import american version for $31.The price has since gone up because they always raise their prices on the release dates.Also Rounders is delayed till the 14th same reason as above Alliance is releasing it.Damn them!!
Friggin' Alliance does it again! Well screw that, I guess I'll be crossing the border to pick this one up then (probably end up being cheaper for me anyway)

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.