Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Would there be any interest in a "Mummies Alive" box set?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-04, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the announced release of Gargoyles Season 1, it got me thinking of another series that was quite similar in at least animation style. In fact, I had the two series mixed up for a bit. Mummies Alive, an animated show that aired in the fall of 1997 from Sept. - Nov. It ran for just one season but it aired 43 episodes. It seems that it ran 4 episodes back to back over 4 days each week.

I remember catching this series from time to time and it was just as good, if not better than Gargoyles. Being that it ran in '97 makes me think it took off with the hype generated by the Brandon Fraiser film, "The Mummy."

So would anybody be interested in this release. UAV Corporation apparently had the video release rights to it, released apparently the pilot film and a 4-episode DVD and that's it. Rhino needs to get rights to this series and release it.
Old 09-05-04, 06:55 PM

I'd buy a set, but I seriously doubt one is going to get released while UAV still has the rights. They won't even release a Super Mario or Inspector Gadget box set, and those series are much more popular.
Old 09-05-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
It was an alright show. I would be surprised if they put it out, simply because I don't remember it catching on, or being really popular.
Old 09-05-04, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by asianxcore
It was an alright show. I would be surprised if they put it out, simply because I don't remember it catching on, or being really popular.
Well, like I said, the whole 43-episode run only took 3 months, so no wonder why it never really caught on. You miss one week and you missed 4 episodes.