Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Hell High defect? (Media Blasters)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 11:44 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hell High defect?

I've tried two players and both appear to drop movie footage and commentary dialogue around timecode 58:20. I noticed the missing footage while watching one of the video interviews.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 08-27-04, 12:00 AM

Don't personally have this disc, but it's been reported on other forums that a few recent SHRIEK SHOW - MEDIA BLASTERS discs have this edit-glitch. The film (and commentary) is apparently cut due to a mastering error around the layer change. Another disc they just released in a butchered version is WARLOCK MOON (over 10 minutes cut). I believe there's a title in their TOKYO SHOCK line that suffers the same fate, but I don't remember the title at the moment. Of course, none of these titles will be 'fixed' by Media Blasters so spend your $$$ accordingly.
Old 09-01-04, 08:42 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Grrrrr. Appears almost 4 minutes are missing. Media Blasters' packaging and IMDb quote the running time as 84 mins, while the actual DVD counter is 79 mins, 22 seconds.

They're ignoring my correspondence.
Old 09-01-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shit. I just checked my copy. Same glitch. Seems like about that ammount of time is missing from the film. I didn't notice before because I had only listened to the commentary.
The transfer is pretty bad, too. Media Blasters strikes again.
Hopefully they'll correct these mistakes. I would suggest them to focus more on the quality of these films, as cult & horror fans tend to notice. Thanks for poiting it out G. Noel Gross. I hope they respond to you.
Old 09-04-04, 08:31 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Still no response from Media Blasters, but I got a hold of Joe Bob ...

It's disturbing. I just recently heard about this stuff. I got an explanation from Media Blasters and it has to do with the "chapter stops" and I can't say I understood exactly what happened, but I've told them, and they've agreed, to compare all future transfers with my commentary. They've also talked about possibly making it right with the consumers, but they stopped short of any guarantees in that department. I'll follow up and see if they've done that yet.
Old 09-04-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent numerous emails to them about the multiple copies of Berserk vol 1, they never wrote me back. it got to the point that I was sending them once aday. And still nothing....