Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD Profiler, after entering 200 dvd's, they disappeared from the program!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-26-04, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey all,

Last night I put 250 more of my DVD's into DVDprofiler, and after that, i went to ADD NOW, and even though i didn't have an internet connection at the time, i figured it would add the titles to the database, but then download the images and profiles later when i connected to the net when told it to do so.....but nope!

After what seemed to be the program going down the list and adding the titles, to the program database, i looked and there was nothing in the program for me to update when i connected -- that is, after hitting ADD, the 250 that i Input just disappeared, and went back to the 102 and were in there previously.... This is odd, because for the first 102, i wasn't connected to the net when i input, and it worked fine.... does anyone know if there is any nook or cranny of the program or the computer where these 250 "missing" title inputs are? Or do i have to take another tedious hour and input again.....needless to say i was quite annoyed...

let me put it another way, for the first successful 102 inputs, i wasn't actively connected to the net -- i added the titles and then when i hit ADD at the end, the program said "cannot connect to server database, continue anyway?" I hit yes, and then the dvd's were added - and then the info was downloaded when i connected to the net..... for the 2nd 250, however, i did the same steps, but after i got the no connection message, the program did the same things, but the 250 titles were never added to the program ....arrgh!

Thanks,

Matt
([email protected])

Last edited by KillerQ; 08-26-04 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-26-04, 08:13 AM

you'll have better luck using the DVD Profiler Forum at http://www.intervocative.com/Forums.aspx

Also knowning that the program atempts to download the data when you add from the web why not just get on the net?
Old 08-26-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Look to see if they are under the wishlist or ordered tabs.
Old 08-26-04, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey.....

I know it works from the net -- I just didn't flick the wireless net button on -- i figured i would just wait..

Last edited by KillerQ; 08-26-04 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-27-04, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

update

Hey all,

Well, they're not under 'wishlist' or 'ordered', and the complete pending download option is greyed-out. I just find it odd that i could put all of those in in the add dvd que, and then be able to do something that would wipe that clean....i would think that at least they would be added, but just without any extra info (until i refreshed the profile).

Any other suggestions? If not, I'll just have to do it one more time....this time connect to the net first..! Haha

Thanks,

Matt