Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Predator SE heads-up: identical cover, different versions [plus general discussion]

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Predator SE heads-up: identical cover, different versions [plus general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-04, 10:43 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got mine at Target, w/ sticker and ticket was there. So, it may only be certain Targets or batches of discs.

As for the packaging, I like the digipack in and of itself, but Fox needs to use better glue and a better holder for the booklet. Luckily, there's multiple glue points on the trays, but it gets out of hand on something like my Alien Quad.
Old 08-10-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally posted by Snowmaker
So, nobody else's plastic disc trays were coming unglued from the cardboard?
One corner on mine.
Old 08-10-04, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
got mine at Blockbuster a little bit ago, came with a ticket, and both trays are already starting to come loose.

I hate to sound like a dick, but I am tired of the packaging for some of the movies that 20th century fox puts out. Digipaks with trays and such that barely stay together. Alien Quadrilogy, Dark Angel, Predator, and so on. 9 discs and they decided on a foldout? holy crud.
Old 08-10-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds like Fox did a bang-up job with the new Predator DVD!
Old 08-11-04, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bballing
From what i hear, the movie is gonna suck anyway.

So you guys don't even need the ticket!
Old 08-11-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got 2 tix!!! At target too.
Old 08-11-04, 12:47 AM

Damn I just opened it and the case is fallling apart already.
Old 08-11-04, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by obladioblada
Bought mine at Target. Widescreen was all they had ( of course it was all I wanted). AVP ticket was inside. Also, I think the "15" stands for the 15th anniversary of the movie.
I think Fox screwed up and should have made Predator SE 16, not 15. I just remembered seeing some information someone shared on dvdanswers.com regarding Fox's line of SE's, and this is what they wrote:

"Here is a list of re-released Five star collections DVD’s with new packaging, a number on the side and the new name Collector's Edition instead of five star collection.
There are also some new releases.

1 - The Abyss (a new Double Digipack)
2 – Cast away (a new Double Digipack) + new cover design
3 - Independence Day (a new Double Digipack) + new cover design
4 – Planet of the apes 2001 (a new Double Digipack)
5 – The sound of music (a new Double Digipack) + new cover design
6 - ?
7 - Die Hard (a new Double Digipack)
8 - ?
9 – Fight Club (only new thing is the number 9 on the side)
10 – Alien (not an old five star collection but a new release, the one from the Quadrilogy box set)
11 –Aliens (not an old five star collection but a new release, the one from the Quadrilogy box set)
12 – Alien 3 (not an old five star collection but a new release, the one from the Quadrilogy box set)
13 – Alien resurrection (not an old five star collection but a new release, the one from the Quadrilogy box set)
14 –Planet of the Apes: 35 Anniversary (not an old five star collection but a new release)"

So, based on this, I would again say that with The Commitments being 15, Predator should have been 16, if the numbering information above is correct.

EDIT: I just found a responding post on the dvdanswers website, and this second person indicated that #6 is Speed and #8 is French Connection...if anyone's interested.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 08-11-04 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-11-04, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
My tray is falling off too...i got a ticket and Damn, is the transfer kinda shitty...theres some real grainy moments and anyone notice how the credits are all bouncing around in the opening??they're not supposed to do that are they??
Old 08-11-04, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone had the ticket sticker on the front but not found a ticket inside?

I'm thinking of taking mine back today because of the disc tray, but see no reason why they need the ticket back. But in case they ask, I want to know if its possible mine could have not had it.
Old 08-11-04, 07:48 AM

I just got off the phone with Target mechandise return corp whatever and they said that the missing ticket is a nation wide issue and they are working on resolving it.

They found out yesturday when many customers went to customer service with the missing ticket issue.

Once they decide want to do they will be contacting me....I keep everyone posted.
Old 08-11-04, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I got a ticket in mine from BB.
Old 08-11-04, 09:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got a ticket in mine from Target Also ran into the tray falling off the backing problem though
Old 08-11-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The glue's a little loose on the corners on mine, but not that big a deal. Still pretty sturdy.

What's the deal with "over 5 hours of out-of-this-world extras"? I watched the movie and every featurette, and I was definitely not sitting there for over 5 hours. Three, maybe...with both the movie and the extras. Why do they make these weird claims?
Old 08-11-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bosskmr
I just got off the phone with Target mechandise return corp whatever and they said that the missing ticket is a nation wide issue and they are working on resolving it.

They found out yesturday when many customers went to customer service with the missing ticket issue.

Once they decide want to do they will be contacting me....I keep everyone posted.
Thanks, Bosskmr. I'm going to be really busy the next couple of days and wouldn't have had a chance to stop. I appreciate it.
Old 08-11-04, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by The_Infidel
The glue's a little loose on the corners on mine, but not that big a deal. Still pretty sturdy.

What's the deal with "over 5 hours of out-of-this-world extras"? I watched the movie and every featurette, and I was definitely not sitting there for over 5 hours. Three, maybe...with both the movie and the extras. Why do they make these weird claims?
Did you count the commentary in there as an extra? A lot of discs include that when hyping the bonus materials.

And obviously you scrolled too quickly through the photo gallery

Last edited by stinkeye; 08-11-04 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-11-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by stinkeye
Did you count the commentary in there as an extra? A lot of discs include that when hyping the bonus materials.

And obviously you scrolled too quickly through the photo gallery
So, by that logic, if I hit pause every five minutes for about five minutes each pause, Dumb & Dumber becomes a 3-hour epic?

Old 08-11-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I got mine yesterday for $9.99 at FYE and it came with the movie cash.

It's $14.99 at FYE/Coconuts/Strawberries/Wherehouse/Specs/etc. If you pre-order the Star Wars Trilogy for $5 which will be $34.99 after MIR, you can get $5 off of Predator. The slip didn't say which version of Predator so I was able to use it on the SE.
Old 08-11-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to FYE B/M and I open the box clearly in front of the rep. to check if the ticket was in there.

Anyone else buying it should do the same thing.
Old 08-11-04, 02:10 PM

My goodness, John McTiernan discussing this film is the equivalent of Harrison Ford discussing anything: Mumbly, halting, and seemingly medicated out of his gourd.
Old 08-11-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's so weird because the cover I got looked like this:

Old 08-11-04, 02:18 PM

Glad I upgraded. This is a nice set. I got mine at Target and the ticket was inside just as promised, whew.
Old 08-11-04, 03:59 PM

Here's what you do if you did not get a ticket

Call 20th Fox customer service

1-888-223-2369

Then they mail you one

So don't expect to be able to use this for the weekend

Also, this is a nation wide issue
Old 08-11-04, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Predator SE discussion thread

This is really not that big a deal, but I just got back from picking up Predator SE at the store, and thought I'd give everyone a heads-up:

There are two versions, widescreen and fullscreen, with completely identical fronts. You'll only know by looking on the back if it's the one you want. I almost picked up the wrong one, so I thought I'd try to play the nice guy.
Wish I had read this earlier would have saved me a return trip to exchange my full screen!
Old 08-11-04, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Predator SE discussion thread

This is really not that big a deal, but I just got back from picking up Predator SE at the store, and thought I'd give everyone a heads-up:

There are two versions, widescreen and fullscreen, with completely identical fronts. You'll only know by looking on the back if it's the one you want. I almost picked up the wrong one, so I thought I'd try to play the nice guy.
Wish I had read this earlier would have saved me a return trip to exchange my full screen! At

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.