DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Collectible case for Kill Bill V. 1,2. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/377694-collectible-case-kill-bill-v-1-2-a.html)

cultshock 08-02-04 10:24 AM

Eh, I'm not a huge fan of that particular poster artwork, so I'll pass. They could have come up with something nicer, IMO.

ianholm 08-03-04 11:20 AM

Looks cool, but I'll have to check it out in the store first before I buy it.

Ruderic 08-03-04 11:59 AM

I'll wait for the deluxe one that comes with a sword and a piece of someone's scalp.

roozilla 08-03-04 12:12 PM

Originally posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
If I were going to shell out extra dough for a case, it'd be for one of Paul Champagne's.
Paul's cases are great, bought one for my son and he loved it. I might pick-up a kill bill case, I like the fact that it'll hold three standard DVD's. I can expect one more Kill Bill release. :banana:

Husker 08-03-04 03:54 PM

Originally posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
If I were going to shell out extra dough for a case, it'd be for one of Paul Champagne's.
Whoa, they are pricy but very nice work. Thanks for sharing this link. I might consider it for my prized collections.

FaintDeftone 08-03-04 04:07 PM

If this comes with Vol.2 for free, I will definitely take the 15 extra minutes to drive to Best Buy and get it there. I own the barebones version of Vol.1 and will be buying Vol.2 tuesday as well (im a sucker for these films, can't help it) and Best Buy will definitely be getting my purchase if I can get this bad boy with it. I ain't paying 7.99 for it though.

Johnny Zhivago 08-03-04 04:18 PM

Originally posted by DVD Josh
They might bundle it with the purchase of both volumes. We won't know until next week.
That's my guess as well... They might run a buy both and get the box free kind of deal...

nightmaster 08-03-04 04:48 PM

It's a neat case but theres no way I'm shelling out an additional $8 for a piece of cardboard when we already know there are the Japanese sets as well as the ballyhooed mega edition down the road. If they were giving them away with the purchase of Volume 2 I'd jump on it. Regardless, I will be buying the DVD come tuesday :)

fryinpan1 08-03-04 08:24 PM

I wish they would give people some time frame as to when these will be re-released as special editions.

aam1 08-04-04 06:51 AM

Originally posted by fryinpan1
I wish they would give people some time frame as to when these will be re-released as special editions.
According to the UK magazine Empire, the theatrical release of the full Kill Bill (uncut 1 +2) will not be until next year, which means the dvd will be a while yet.

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/f...t.asp#killbill

ReduxGuy 08-04-04 02:05 PM

I just read this on a Kill Bill message board:

I have in hand next Sunday's Best Buy ad (August 8th), and in it of course is Kill Bill Vol. 2. Here's the Best Buy deals... it's listed for $15.99 but for $25, you can get both volume two and Jackie Brown.

Also, if you buy volume one or two from them, you get a free Best Buy exclusive Kill Bill DVD sleeve that holds both volumes (minimum 50 per store).
I also read that Vol. 2 is 14.99 at Circuit City.

Cameron 08-04-04 02:17 PM

My vote is buy vol. 2 get box free...(i already bought the first one) or better yet...reward zone members get box free when buying vol. 2

ReduxGuy 08-04-04 02:30 PM

Here's what I'm gonna do.

A) I'm going to take a Rewards Zone $10 off slip and a Circuit City ad on Tuesday.

B) I'm gonna get Vol. 2, Predator, and the KB box.

C) I'm gonna use the CC ad, get Vol.2 for 14.99, then use the $10 slip and then, get it for 9.99 and Pred for 12.99 (the website has it advertised for 17.99).

Johnny Zhivago 08-04-04 02:37 PM

Originally posted by ReduxGuy
I just read this on a Kill Bill message board:
Coolness.

xfilekr 08-04-04 02:38 PM

If anyone is going to get Vol 2 but doesnt want the box I'd be willing to pay for shipping and a few bucks for your trouble (dont really care to pay $8 on bestbuy.com and dont have a best buy within an hour of me AND have vol 2 preordered at FYE)
Thanks!

GCS 08-04-04 03:00 PM

Personally I like this one better

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/new.html

More expensive but heavier duty and will hold all 3 once released

Greg

asianxcore 08-04-04 03:04 PM

Originally posted by GCS
Personally I like this one better

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/new.html

More expensive but heavier duty and will hold all 3 once released

Greg

that one looks great!

as for the BB slipcase, I think I'll have to pass.

Cameron 08-04-04 03:19 PM

i just don't think vol. 3 will get a dvd release...that is when or if it happens....its just so far down the line that if they make the movie the dvd format will have been replaced, or these dvd releases will be old news with the whole bloody affair box to come later.

eau 08-04-04 03:41 PM

Is it gonna be a slimmy slip case or a more elegant art box?

FuzzyBallz 08-04-04 09:55 PM

If you want a nice box, get the JPN insane versions from yesasia.

RyoHazuki 08-04-04 09:58 PM

Its not expensive if its foreign!

Tscott 08-04-04 10:15 PM

I have in hand next Sunday's Best Buy ad (August 8th), and in it of course is Kill Bill Vol. 2. Here's the Best Buy deals... it's listed for $15.99 but for $25, you can get both volume two and Jackie Brown.
WTF??? No deal for buying Vol. 1 and 2 together? :(

FuzzyBallz 08-05-04 01:08 AM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
Its not expensive if its foreign!
LOL, yeah and I just dropped $300+ on Vol. 1 and 2 boxsets. And it's all worth it 'cause it's made in Japan!!!

eau 08-05-04 01:55 AM

This thread says there is a $5 off offer on the shrinkwrap if you buy both V.1 and V2 :)

Obey The D 08-05-04 10:43 AM

Bargain Thread fo next week says the case is free with the pruchase of Vol. 2.