Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Where to look for Disney Treasures?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-04, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to look for Disney Treasures?

Where can I get good deals on the OOP Disney Treasures tin editions? Is there anything I should be aware of when purchasing? I have noticed some imports look like the R1 copies, is there anything else?
Old 06-15-04, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
perhaps ebay or half.com or even the exchange forum.
Old 06-15-04, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
I'll second the Exchange Forum. Check there first and help a fellow DVDTalker out.

That's how I recently picked up Mickey Mouse in Living Color Wave 1
Old 06-15-04, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For MMILC you're better off with a non-R1 as you'll pay a crap load for it. ($60-$120)
Old 06-15-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Join the Disney DVD club. They've got the four Wave 1s for $130 and the three Wave 2s for $100. You can't buy them seperately, but I bought Wave 1, sold 'Davy Crockett' on E-bay for $50, sold 'Disneyland' (or 'Behind the Scenes', whichever it is) for $30, and suddenly, it was a really good deal for that color Mickey Mouse and the Silly Symphonies.

I haven't done Wave 2 yet. So don't do that. But do wave 1.
Old 06-15-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy
Join the Disney DVD club. They've got the four Wave 1s for $130 and the three Wave 2s for $100. You can't buy them seperately, but I bought Wave 1, sold 'Davy Crockett' on E-bay for $50, sold 'Disneyland' (or 'Behind the Scenes', whichever it is) for $30, and suddenly, it was a really good deal for that color Mickey Mouse and the Silly Symphonies.

I haven't done Wave 2 yet. So don't do that. But do wave 1.
I suppose these don't come in tins?

Also, how much is it to join the Disney club?
Old 06-15-04, 01:46 PM

I checked half.com and some people are selling at good prices w/ tins...do these look like good deals?

http://half.ebay.com/search/search.j...id=3&inStock=n
Old 06-15-04, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Joe1086
I checked half.com and some people are selling at good prices w/ tins...do these look like good deals?

http://half.ebay.com/search/search.j...id=3&inStock=n
The cheap ones normally have no tin (and thus no lithograph)
Old 06-15-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I suppose these don't come in tins?
Ah, but you know what happens when you suppose, don't you? You make a supp out of os and e. You're very wrong, they do. Also, your grapes seem sour.

Also, how much is it to join the Disney club?
It costs the total of shipping the three discs they send you for free for joining. [I'd also add, I made a mistake in my initial order and they paid to ship that disc back and give me a different one; unusually great customer service for Disney.] Then you have to buy a certain number of discs over two years (six, give or take one). Luckily, whatever this number is is covered (if not moreso) by the Disney Treasures. Thus, your quota is filled by the very discs which you join in order to buy, and you get three free discs off of 'em to boot.

I was wrong on the price on the Wave 1, it's $120.

All this stuff is covered better in the "bargains" section, though you might have to search to find it. The deal for Wave 1 has been up for at least a year now, though, and still hasn't sold out.

Incidentally, these are *new*, so unless you're getting a guarantee from the half.com seller that it won't be dented, damaged, etc., I'd say DMC is your best bet. They ship 'em in a huge box, they won't get hurt.
Old 06-15-04, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow. So techincally wave 1 and 2 (with tins) are still in print
Old 06-15-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just for the hell of it I went to http://disney.videos.go.com/General/splash and clicked "Don't have a promotional code"

Then I browsed DVDs but couldn't find wave 1 or wave 2 or anything of the sort.
Old 06-15-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Class316
I went to http://disney.videos.go.com/General/splash and clicked "Don't have a promotional code"

Old 06-15-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow. So techincally wave 1 and 2 (with tins) are still in print
No. They're out of print, in that nobody is printing up new ones anytime soon (or, by my understanding, ever). They're still *available*.

Just for the hell of it I went to http://disney.videos.go.com/General/splash and clicked "Don't have a promotional code"
You can usually even find a good code, especially on the Bargain page. I believe there's one which allows either another free disc or one less required disc to buy. (Not sure, I already joined.)

Okay, just for the guy who's not buying 'em, I'll give you the *exact* method to get this deal.

1) Log-in. (optional)
2) Click "multipacks".
3) They're RIGHT THERE

It's possible that you may only be able to get to the deal if you're a member, but, irregardless, as you have to be a member to get the deal, I don't see the need to quibble over that. (I can't link to the exact page you're linking, as it just defaults it back to my homepage and logs me in automatically.)

Also, you should've been able to find 'Goofy' seperately. (The others have sold out.)

Last edited by ThatGuamGuy; 06-15-04 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-15-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I must be missing something. I did not login but I find no "multipacks". I guess I gotta login?
Old 06-15-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I must be missing something. I did not login but I find no "multipacks". I guess I gotta login?
It's probably only available/visible to people who are members, yeah.

I tried to find the link from bargains, but it was a while ago, so I couldn't. It's in there somewhere, but somebody who remembers it better than I will have to find it, 'cause I couldn't. But I guarantee you that this deal is 100% real and there for the taking if you want it.
Old 06-15-04, 03:19 PM

I just shed a tear. The offer is not applicable to non-US customers. I'm very dissapointed. I can't afford to obtain these wonderful dvd's via eBay because of the extraoridinary prices.
Since getting the whole of wave 3, I've really been wanting to purchase the rest of these. It's a shame some feel no remorse for those willing to enjoy a dvd without having to sell a kidney just to be able to afford to purchase these from one's greed-filled soul. Horribly supply and demand has put these people in a position to grin at one wholeheartedly whilst earning money from nothing.
Shame shame shame.
Old 06-15-04, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Let's say I order all of wave 1 from there [then sell the ones I don't want on ebay]. How many more DVDs would I have to order? Cause I'm kinda afraid of getting stuck.

Originally posted by The Black
I just shed a tear. The offer is not applicable to non-US customers. I'm very dissapointed. I can't afford to obtain these wonderful dvd's via eBay because of the extraoridinary prices.
Since getting the whole of wave 3, I've really been wanting to purchase the rest of these. It's a shame some feel no remorse for those willing to enjoy a dvd without having to sell a kidney just to be able to afford to purchase these from one's greed-filled soul. Horribly supply and demand has put these people in a position to grin at one wholeheartedly whilst earning money from nothing.
Shame shame shame.
Well you can buy MMILC and SS from Holland for very cheap. And as for wave 2 you can still get them at good prices on ebay.
Old 06-15-04, 04:36 PM

The Disney Movie Club option is a good one in my opinion.

Try this code - 509423- Get 3 free (plus $1 S&H) with 5 to buy later.

Sign up on the telephone or online. Select 3 free ones, select one more to count as an enrollment for $14.95 (no addl shipping if bought on first order), select one for $9.95 (doesn't count for enrollment).

3 Free + 1 @ 14.95 (1 commitment now) + 1 @ 9.95 + 1.00 S&H = 25.90

Then place a separate order and select the Wave 1 Disney Treasures for your remaining 4 commitments

$119.80 + $6.95 shipping = $126.75

Close account.
Old 06-15-04, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by mmguen
The Disney Movie Club option is a good one in my opinion.

Try this code - 509423- Get 3 free (plus $1 S&H) with 5 to buy later.

Sign up on the telephone or online. Select 3 free ones, select one more to count as an enrollment for $14.95 (no addl shipping if bought on first order), select one for $9.95 (doesn't count for enrollment).

3 Free + 1 @ 14.95 (1 commitment now) + 1 @ 9.95 + 1.00 S&H = 25.90

Then place a separate order and select the Wave 1 Disney Treasures for your remaining 4 commitments

$119.80 + $6.95 shipping = $126.75

Close account.
Did exactly that...thanks alot for the information
Old 06-16-04, 07:09 AM

Just to be clear (sorry to repeat questions): The Disney Club allows you to buy the complete series 1 and 2 sets - in the tins?

Don't mean to sound skeptical; it just sounds too good to be true!
Old 06-16-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Disney Club allows you to buy the complete series 1 and 2 sets
Well, I believe they're called "waves", but yeah...

in the tins?
Uh-huh. Sealed too. Want to know what else? The numbers aren't even *that* high.

And, obviously I can't vouch for *every* tin they send out, but the ones I got were mint condition (that is, undented) and shipped in a huge box that would more or less prevent any damage.

Which is, I assume, why the deal for wave 1 has been up for almost a year and still not sold out.

(Wave 2 has only been up since March or April.)

It's a *great* deal, and the fact that you can turn around and sell the ones you don't want on E-bay for high profit (sorry to the folks who can't get it any other way; it's the market) just makes it absurd.
Old 06-16-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

how do you close your account? do you have to call the "cast member"?
Old 06-16-04, 11:43 AM
Suspended

Sigh - so no way to get them without becoming a member? Thats Teh Suck - there's not 3 disney DVDs I want beyond the Treasures.

So anyone getting in on the deal - if they wind up with an extra Davey Crockett tin (the only one I want) send me a message - I'd like to take it off your hands.
Old 06-16-04, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by DrOBoogie1
Just to be clear (sorry to repeat questions): The Disney Club allows you to buy the complete series 1 and 2 sets - in the tins?

I'll post an update when I get my order
Old 06-16-04, 05:24 PM
Banned

Well you can start by getting a time machine...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.