DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Before the Rain DVD petition PLEASE SIGN (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/365712-before-rain-dvd-petition-please-sign.html)

Caiser 06-10-04 07:49 AM

2 more and we are into the 600 mark.

ciao from MK

badlieut 06-10-04 08:01 AM

1 more to 600 now :)

We still need a lot more signatures. If anyone can think of where I should post this, please email me. I've sent it out to a ton of places and posted on quite a few forums. If you can speak another language and there is a DVD forum in that language, please post it there. 'Preciate it!

Grubert 06-11-04 04:08 AM

Signed and posted on two forums:

http://p216.ezboard.com/fmundodvd431...ID=22589.topic

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/v...6722#168136722

badlieut 06-11-04 06:35 AM

Grubert

Thank you!! That's exactly the type of assistance we are looking for.

badlieut 06-15-04 08:35 AM

Please keep the sigs coming!!

badlieut 06-19-04 03:43 PM

This is the thread to bump Pro-B LOL! :)

pro-bassoonist 06-19-04 07:09 PM

you know what....this is the second time this happens....so there is no excuse!! :) (I am not sure why but I use MozillaFirebird and the "wrong" thread is somehow memorized here....everytime I want to post something regarding the petition I end up being directed to the other thread. Not sure why.....anyway....I will try to find out why this happens over and over again. Thank's though.....funny....:)

Pro-B

TylerDurden_73 06-19-04 07:27 PM

#698...kewl.

pro-bassoonist 06-23-04 08:36 PM

thank's Tyler....please continue to support our petition.

Pro-B

Chad 06-23-04 09:39 PM

Signed and put a reminder in the "What ya watchin" thread. :)

TomOpus 06-23-04 09:51 PM

wow... it's up to 821 sigs!

dvdlovers 06-23-04 10:06 PM

I dont know anything abt this movie , but signed and have sent to a few of my friends to sign it. Keep it going guys...

pro-bassoonist 06-23-04 10:15 PM

We believe we have some strong support from Hollywood actors as well-

William Dafoe has signed and we also have Al Pacino at #657...I can not confirm if that is indeed the actor however almost a month ago I sent the petition to a few friends of mine in Hollywood. We have also gotten some strong support from the Macedonian community in Australia in addition to some rather good exposure in Europe (including the Macedonian press).

So, thank you for all your support and PLEASE continue to support our petition!!

Pro-B

badlieut 06-23-04 10:18 PM

Pro-B,

I was contacted by this woman in Finland who lived in Skopje. She is responsible for a lot of this recent surge. She's really gung-ho about it!

I hope it was Al Pacino that actually signed! Of course, someone put in "Lester Rastafara" with the comment "It's high time..." Pretty funny, but unwelcome. Oh well.

With Festen and High Art coming out on the FOCUS label for Universal, I wonder if some of the effort should be directed toward anyone at Focus who will listen. What do you think?

pro-bassoonist 06-23-04 10:25 PM

Originally posted by badlieut
Pro-B,

I was contacted by this woman in Finland who lived in Skopje. She is responsible for a lot of this recent surge. She's really gung-ho about it!

I hope it was Al Pacino that actually signed! Of course, someone put in "Lester Rastafara" with the comment "It's high time..." Pretty funny, but unwelcome. Oh well.

With Festen and High Art coming out on the FOCUS label for Universal, I wonder if some of the effort should be directed toward anyone at Focus who will listen. What do you think?

That would be a great idea given the fact that FOCUS has found its niche in the so-called art spectrum. I think that when the time comes we should send the petition to both Universal and FOCUS.

I would not oppose a move where we send an email to FOCUS even now...and make sure that they are aware of the huge interest in this film. Have you dealt with FOCUS before?

Pro-B

badlieut 06-23-04 10:35 PM

I've only called there when I was trying to find out the DVD rights info. I haven't been able to find an email address other than webmaster for them. I'll just place another call, perhaps tomorrow, and see what I can find out.

badlieut 06-24-04 01:00 PM

I called Focus. They don't have a home video department and the decision on releases seems to rest with Universal, but they consult with Focus. I will try to find someone at Uni to talk to unless someone knows.

pro-bassoonist 06-24-04 01:13 PM

Great!! Thank's.

I received some email this morning with, from what I could figure out some questions, but they appear to be in Macedonian....I replied back to see if whoever sent them could rewrite them in English.

Pro-B

badlieut 06-24-04 01:21 PM

You can email them to me if you like...I can send them to the woman in Finland and she could translate them.

badlieut 06-24-04 01:31 PM

The assistant to the president of the DVD department is going to get back to me as to whom we should address this petition. At least I have a contact there now and I know who to bug. I mentioned how important the film is to the Macedonian community.

pro-bassoonist 06-24-04 01:57 PM

Originally posted by badlieut
The assistant to the president of the DVD department is going to get back to me as to whom we should address this petition. At least I have a contact there now and I know who to bug. I mentioned how important the film is to the Macedonian community.
Great. Let me know....

ughhh...as to the email I just deleted it...because I did not understand what It said.

Pro-B

Playitagainsam 06-24-04 06:29 PM

Signed.... nice to have my name on a list with Dafoe and Pacino :)

Why isn't this released in Europe as well?

pro-bassoonist 06-24-04 06:35 PM

I could only guess but BTR was part of the Polygram catalog in Europe and they underwent some major restructuring both the film and music departments. I believe that this was/is one of the reasons why so many Polygram films are still to be released on DVD. In the States some of the Polygram catalog went to different companies that simply have not explored the titles they own (I would assume).

THANK YOU for supporting out petition,

Pro-B

pro-bassoonist 06-29-04 12:06 PM

Thank you for all your support so far...WE STILL NEED YOUR signatures.

Thank's
Pro-B

pro-bassoonist 07-05-04 02:13 PM

We still need your support.....

Thank you!

Pro-B