DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Adaptation: SE News?

Old 03-07-04, 07:05 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 853
Adaptation: SE News?

I personally haven't seen much about this anywhere but it seemed to be definite after watching the Work of Director Spike Jonze DVD... is there any news out there at all? I am close to breaking down and getting the SuperBit.
cfloyd3 is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 01:02 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,318
Don't do it.

If you can hold off on Panic Room, you can hold off on Adaptation.
reservoirdog is offline  
Old 08-03-04, 10:22 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Posts: 2,539
I couldn't do it. It was $7.50 at Wal-Mart (along with Real Genius a DVD I've been waiting on a pricedrop for ages) and I just couldn't resist. I haven't seen this movie since I saw it in the theatre, but I've been dying to see it for a long time now.

However... I guess this means an announcement for the Special Edition should be happening any day now...

K
Cornelius1047 is offline  
Old 08-03-04, 10:31 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Vermont
Posts: 9,774
Originally posted by Cornelius1047
I couldn't do it. It was $7.50 at Wal-Mart (along with Real Genius a DVD I've been waiting on a pricedrop for ages) and I just couldn't resist. I haven't seen this movie since I saw it in the theatre, but I've been dying to see it for a long time now.

However... I guess this means an announcement for the Special Edition should be happening any day now...

K
Off topic, I know, but did Real Genius have a recent price drop?
stevevt is offline  
Old 08-03-04, 11:24 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,916
A special edition was unofficially announced long before the regular release and guess what: No SE yet! So hahaha to all those people still waiting!
PopcornTreeCt is offline  
Old 08-03-04, 11:24 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Posts: 2,539
In regards to Real Genius...

Not according to any of the online stores I checked. Hell, a used copy is still going for $18+ on Amazon. Try and see if your Wal-Mart has a copy. It was on a display with a bunch of other Columbia titles, marked 2 for $15. The price tag listed it as $7.50, so there's no need to buy 2.

K
Cornelius1047 is offline  
Old 03-24-05, 07:35 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
The Antipodean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 6,125
Bump -- any word on whether an Adaptation SE is on the way? Seems like it's been talked about for ages....
The Antipodean is offline  
Old 03-29-05, 07:07 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
The Antipodean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 6,125
Anybody?
The Antipodean is offline  
Old 03-29-05, 07:42 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,065
You gonna keep bumping the thread every 5 days?
Squirrel God is offline  
Old 07-07-05, 08:33 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,023
About every four months is good to bump. Any word?
Dr. DVD is offline  
Old 07-07-05, 08:46 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 1,274
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
About every four months is good to bump. Any word?
As usual, if there were any news, there would be a thread about it, or a response in this thread.
Skoobooz is offline  
Old 07-08-05, 02:40 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,433
I got the superbit of this on release day. Adaptation is one of my favorite movies of all time, I would double dip in a heartbeat without a single regret.
mifuneral is offline  
Old 07-08-05, 05:28 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rampaging across DVDTalk.
Posts: 4,046
Originally Posted by mifuneral
I got the superbit of this on release day. Adaptation is one of my favorite movies of all time, I would double dip in a heartbeat without a single regret.
Word.
Fincher Fan is offline  
Old 07-08-05, 06:07 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,349
Food for thought: How many times will you actually watch those special features?

The disc out now is a Superbit, so the A/V quality isn't likely to get any better (and isn't that ultimately what really matters?). Just pick up the one out now and rent the special edition when/if it comes out. You'll probably end up spending $15-20 total, which will likely be much cheaper than the special edition anyway, AND you'll have had the movie for several months/years beforehand, and probably have watched it countless times.

Just my $0.02. All this waiting for special editions crap is making me grumpy.
FatTony is offline  
Old 07-08-05, 11:48 AM
  #15  
Retired
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 27,449
I've been waiting because its on my "kind of want" list. If it was one of my favorite movies, I'd have bought the superbit at launch with no hesitation. But as it is a borderline title for me, I don't mind waiting to see if the SE ever comes out and blows the SB out of the water.
Josh H is offline  
Old 07-08-05, 12:06 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,433
Originally Posted by FatTony
Food for thought: How many times will you actually watch those special features?
My main reason for anticipating the SE is the Susan Orlean commentary. Even if that's the only extra added to the disc, I'd still double dip.
mifuneral is offline  
Old 12-14-05, 04:52 PM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 190
Soooo...still no Adaptation SE? Is the version on ch.com the Superbit version?
icecube is offline  
Old 12-14-05, 05:36 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,533
Originally Posted by icecube
Soooo...still no Adaptation SE? Is the version on ch.com the Superbit version?
I believe there is only one version of Adaptation out; that being the Superbit.
DVDho78DTS is offline  
Old 12-14-05, 05:46 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,065
Originally Posted by DVD-ho78(DTS)
I believe there is only one version of Adaptation out; that being the Superbit.
Aye.
Squirrel God is offline  
Old 12-14-05, 06:14 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Marcos, TX
Posts: 3,137
Bloody hell. Everytime this thread is bumped, I get my hopes up for a special edition. Will you people just be patient, please? As said earlier in this thread, if there was news, it would've been posted. Have you not seen how active these forums are? There's no sense in thinking that by bumping this thread, somebody's going to be like, "oh that reminds me to post this insider information I got a month and a half ago." Just keep your pants on. As soon as there is news, it will be posted.

Damnit. I hate getting my hopes up for no reason like that. Makes me all cranky.

-JP
NatrlBornThrllr is offline  
Old 12-14-05, 06:43 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,192
Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Bloody hell. Everytime this thread is bumped, I get my hopes up for a special edition. Will you people just be patient, please? As said earlier in this thread, if there was news, it would've been posted. Have you not seen how active these forums are? There's no sense in thinking that by bumping this thread, somebody's going to be like, "oh that reminds me to post this insider information I got a month and a half ago." Just keep your pants on. As soon as there is news, it will be posted.

Damnit. I hate getting my hopes up for no reason like that. Makes me all cranky.

-JP
The counterargument:

Will you people just be patient, please? Have you not seen how frequently threads are bumped or started with little info in these forums? There's no sense in thinking that when bumping this thread, the poster's going to be like "oh that reminds me to post this insider information I got a month and a half ago." Stop getting your hopes up for no reason like that. Makes you all cranky.
illennium is offline  
Old 12-14-05, 10:07 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Marcos, TX
Posts: 3,137
Originally Posted by illennium
The counterargument:

Will you people just be patient, please? Have you not seen how frequently threads are bumped or started with little info in these forums? There's no sense in thinking that when bumping this thread, the poster's going to be like "oh that reminds me to post this insider information I got a month and a half ago." Stop getting your hopes up for no reason like that. Makes you all cranky.
Yes, silly me, expecting a thread to have actual informative content in it.



-JP
NatrlBornThrllr is offline  
Old 12-15-05, 12:30 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 14,806
Actually, as much as I usually disagree with NatrlBornThrllr...this thread made me cranky as well. If there was news, we'd have heard about it...so don't bump two year old threads "just because".

= J
Tarantino is offline  
Old 12-15-05, 02:54 AM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 136
I got it 2 years ago when it came out for 15 bucks, have watched it plenty of times, enough to warrant the price. Why depribe your self of a great movie for 2+ years just because of rumors of a SE, which has yet to even happen, just go buy the damn thing.
DrStrangeL0ve71 is offline  
Old 12-15-05, 03:13 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,192
Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Yes, silly me, expecting a thread to have actual informative content in it.



-JP
No need for eye-rolling or sarcasm. It's just childish.

Sometimes threads get bumped and sometimes threads get started without a question mark in the subject where maybe one ought to be. But you know these things happen--you've been around--so why let yourself get worked up over them?

Having expectations is one thing. Reacting in an antisocial manner when they're not fulfilled is another. These forums are here for people to discuss and ask questions. Not every bit of information is going to be new or relevant to you.

Every action produces a reaction. You can question the action, or you can question the reaction.

Last edited by Gallant Pig; 12-15-05 at 10:31 AM.
illennium is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.