Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New Avengers Season 2 & Saint 1962

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-04, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Avengers Season 2 & Saint 1962

I don't think this has been mentioned here yet... DeepDiscountDVD.com now has the "New Avengers Season 2" set, which should complete the run of "The New Avengers" on DVD, up for pre-order. It's due on February 24.

They also have a "The Saint 1962" set up for pre-order (search for "Saint 62"), which presumably will include the 12 black and white episodes from the first season of the TV show. It's due on March 30.

While both of these releases are from A&E, like last year's "New Avengers Season 1" and "Danger Man Season 1" releases, these two new sets appear to be "exclusives" available only from DeepDiscountDVD and Critic's Choice Video for a few months.

--Scott M.
Old 01-11-04, 06:47 PM

I saw it here a few days ago; it appears to be at DVDPlanet, too. But then again, they are owned by the same blokes as the other two outfits you mentioned.
Old 11-05-04, 01:00 PM

Combined New Avengers set?

Has there been any word of a boxed combining the two New Avengers sets? Or how about discs with the remaining unreleased Avengers episodes from Seasons 1 & 2?
Old 11-05-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had the B/W THE SAINT set for a couple of months; got it from Critics Choice. Their latest catalog contains a listing for the next set, containing the next B/W season.
Old 11-08-04, 12:15 PM

Re: Combined New Avengers set?

Originally posted by CaptGideon
Has there been any word of a boxed combining the two New Avengers sets? Or how about discs with the remaining unreleased Avengers episodes from Seasons 1 & 2?
So far A&E has not announced or hinted at a box set combining the two New Avenges sets. (Note that all the Tara King Avengers episodes have been out for longer than the New Avengers sets, and no box set of them has been released either.)

The set with the remaining early Avengers episodes has been delayed (again) until sometime in 2005, but A&E claims it's still coming despite the repeated delays.

--Scott M.
Old 11-08-04, 12:23 PM

Originally posted by Steve Phillips
I've had the B/W THE SAINT set for a couple of months; got it from Critics Choice. Their latest catalog contains a listing for the next set, containing the next B/W season.
"The Saint-The Early Episodes Set 2," which has 16 hour-long B&W episodes from Season 2, is out now. It was released a couple of months ago. You can get it from DeepDiscountDVD, Critic's Choice Video, or DVDPlanet. Note that it doesn't contain the full Season 2, which was 27 episodes long.

--Scott M.
Old 11-09-04, 11:51 AM

Re: Re: Combined New Avengers set?

Originally posted by smcguire
So far A&E has not announced or hinted at a box set combining the two New Avenges sets. (Note that all the Tara King Avengers episodes have been out for longer than the New Avengers sets, and no box set of them has been released either.)

The set with the remaining early Avengers episodes has been delayed (again) until sometime in 2005, but A&E claims it's still coming despite the repeated delays.

--Scott M.
Thanks for the update! Good news about the season 1 & 2 episodes. I'm all over those discs since I've never seen those early episodes. I have the current Honor Blackman discs so I won't be waiting for a set.

I'd forgotten about the Tara King season not getting a boxed set. That does seem kind of weird. I held off on buying that season, assuming they'd eventually do a Tara King megaset. Ditto the New Avengers. I'm hoping they quickly combine the 2 sets like they did with UFO. I'd also be tempted to pick up Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) sight unseen if they do a megaset. I've always wanted to see the original R&H (D).