Saddam on dvd ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-03, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saddam on dvd ?

Anybody know what this dvd is about ?

Old 03-29-03, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know it is a documentary....

Here's more info from DVDANGLE.com:

Related to the war, Xenon will release the critically acclaimed documentary Uncle Saddam on 04/02. This anti-Saddam DVD shall also include "90 minutes of engaging footage, with narration written by "Kids In The Hall" alum Scott Thompson; an in-depth interview with Soler; "dictators of the world" trading cards; an interview with Saddam's former interior decorator (who has since "disappeared"); and graphic illustrations of Saddam's intertwined family tree
Old 03-29-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 03-29-03, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This brings a question I had..what movies has Saddam made an appearance?

I know of 2 of the top of my head

Big Lebowski
Hot Shots Part Deux

and I think an episode of Seinfeld, but that doesn't count.
Old 03-29-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
South Park Bigger longer and uncut
Saddam and the Devil are gay lovers.
Old 03-29-03, 09:45 PM

the southpark movie is solely responsible for me never being able to keep a "straight" face when the topic of saddam comes up!
LOL

Saddam" Yeah, you liked that, didn't you B*tch!"
Old 03-30-03, 11:28 AM

I had asked about this in the Movie Forum, because it was originally broadcast on Cinemax and wanted to know if anyone had seen it, but no dice. It sounds really interesting (or at the very least, funny). Netflix has it available to rent if you are so inclined.
Old 05-26-05, 05:03 PM

I've got this DVD. I actually purchased it when it was first released a few years ago...

it's very good...and in all honesty, I can't compare it to anything else, since the presentation is so wacky yet, the subject matter is so serious.

undeniably weird, but a great dvd.

my copy has made its rounds here at work. everyone has seen it, and we all hated Saddam Hussein more after watching it, unlike Heather Graham's character from Arrested Development, who loved Saddam Hussein.

Old 05-26-05, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flipmack
I've got this DVD. I actually purchased it when it was first released a few years ago...

it's very good...and in all honesty, I can't compare it to anything else, since the presentation is so wacky yet, the subject matter is so serious.

undeniably weird, but a great dvd.

my copy has made its rounds here at work. everyone has seen it, and we all hated Saddam Hussein more after watching it, unlike Heather Graham's character from Arrested Development, who loved Saddam Hussein.

I never liked Saddam Hussein. Especially after the crap he pulled during the '90/'91 Kuwaiti Invasion. Mostly concerning the POW treatment and then the brutal retaliation against the Kurds and Shiites after the war. For this reason alone, I was for ousting this SOB from Day 1...after 9/11. Yes, yes...I know. Saddam didn't have anythingto do with 9/11, but he sure had terrorist ties, DESPITE what most people on the Left say. Three words...Ansar al Islam.