Reload this Page >

Angus & Tick DVD's

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Angus & Tick DVD's

Old 02-03-03, 09:24 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angus & Tick DVD's

Does any one know if Angus the movie from about 10 years ago or the Tick cartoon will find their way to DVD?
Old 02-03-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man I would love to have The Tick. Here is a petition I found to get it to DVD. The Tick Petition

As far as news goes this is the best I could do: Tick on DVD News

Not much help though, sorry, I tried.
Old 02-03-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haven't heard anything about either of these. I would pick up Angus though...hopefully it will come out sometime soon
Old 02-04-03, 12:45 AM

SPOON!

yes. sign that petition and cross our fingas.
Old 02-04-03, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 805 Likes on 594 Posts
I would love to see Angus on dvd. I was just thinking the other day how much I would enjoy that. I am trying to upgrade all my VHS and Angus, Book of Love, and Trojan are ones I would to upgrade to dvd.
Old 02-04-03, 02:14 PM

A Fox rep stated in a HTF chat a while back that we won't see any animated Tick in 2003, but I have a feeling that if/when the Family Guy and Futurama DVD sets sell well, Fox will reconsider.
Old 02-04-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anybody know if users will start to frame their subject titles with question marks when the post is a question? I got excited there for a moment.
Old 02-04-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 805 Likes on 594 Posts
Originally posted by calhoun07
Does anybody know if users will start to frame their subject titles with question marks when the post is a question? I got excited there for a moment.
Give the new member a break.
Old 07-21-05, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, I just watched Angus yesterday on the HD channel and I want it on DVD. Where's it at?
Old 07-21-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice bump.

Still no news. I"m sure when there is news, someone will create a new thread instead of dredging up the 2 yr old thread.
Old 07-21-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Nice bump.

Still no news. I"m sure when there is news, someone will create a new thread instead of dredging up the 2 yr old thread.
and someone will still manage to post the old thread, demanding we search for an hour before we post a new thread.
Old 07-21-05, 10:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately I can't remember what day and time it was but an episode of The Tick aired on ABC Family a few mornings ago. I assume it is aired weekly. I guess it's up to ABC to release the series on DVD now?
Old 07-21-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes. FOX sold most of it's children properties to Buena Vista (including ALL of Saban Entertainment -- which produced the animated Tick) a few years ago. So it's up to Buena Vista to release DVDs of the show.

And I'd buy Angus in a heartbeat. If New Line does release it, they better release it right (with all the deleted scenes included as an extra feature).
Old 07-21-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm still holding out hope for New Line to release Angus. If they have aired it on an HD channel, doesn't that mean there's already a digital master ready to use for a DVD downconversion? Doesn't seem like it could cost that much to produce this title and it is much better known than many of the obscure films out there that I see released every week.
Old 07-21-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Originally Posted by NitroJMS
If they have aired it on an HD channel, doesn't that mean there's already a digital master ready to use for a DVD downconversion?
:nods: The HD channel in question is HDNet Movies, and Angus is in pretty heavy rotation if you have the opportunity...
Old 07-22-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by T.Bickle
Unfortunately I can't remember what day and time it was but an episode of The Tick aired on ABC Family a few mornings ago. I assume it is aired weekly. I guess it's up to ABC to release the series on DVD now?
It airs on ABC Family at 11AM on Sundays, and it airs every day at 11PM on Cartoon Disney (I think it's started showing multiple times now, actually, but 11 is the only one I'm sure of).

I taped 'em all. Except that, annoyingly, they aren't re-running the Christmas episode 'Tick Loves Santa!'.
Old 07-23-05, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pdinosaur
and someone will still manage to post the old thread, demanding we search for an hour before we post a new thread.
i'm going to guess that is vaugly pointed towards me....

No doubt a new thread should be created when it is announced. However creating half a dozen "does anyone know when angus is coming out" doesn't help anyone really.

and hitting the search engine and typing Angus as a key word...narrow it down to dvd talk...hardly takes an hour