Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Voyagers! TV series on DVD ever?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Voyagers! TV series

This is one title I haven't seen requested by any of the forum users. Perhaps it is as obscure as 'Hardcastle & McCormick,' but still one of my faves. I was 12 when it came out, and I used to get my friends to play-act the scenes (we had a little brass do-hickey that belonged to my mother that we used as an omney).

Any word on a scheduled DVD release?
Old 09-13-02, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I LOVE this show.. have some episodes recorded on vhs..
would love a dvd of this.. only lasted the one season right?
i won't hold my breath.. but i can hope

and me and my friends used to act scenes from this show also.. but my omni was from playdo....... lol
Old 09-13-02, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
I loved watching this show also when I was young. Would certainly pick it up if it came out on dvd.

Michael
Old 09-13-02, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I also have several (about 10) episodes I taped... according to imdb, there were 20 episodes on all.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0083500
Old 09-13-02, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 278 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally posted by Sathlin
. only lasted the one season right?
Yup, 20 episodes:

http://www.epguides.com/Voyagers/

The lead actor shot himself in the head playing Russian Roulette with a gun loaded with blanks on the set of his next series, Cover Up. He wasn't too bright. Even blanks do have a discharge at short range.
Old 09-13-02, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's true that the show's star, Jon Erik Hexum, shot himself in the head on the set of "Cover Up," but what is uncertain is if he was really playing Russian Roulette, or just goofing around. In the end, though, the results are the same. Stupid!

The "Voyagers On The Titanic" episode is one I'm itching to see again. I think that episode was mixed with Thomas Edison and the invention of the telephone (as each Voyagers episode contained two stories).

And, boo-hoo, I never did get to see the Pilot episode...except in flashback scenes when Boggs was put on trial.
Old 09-13-02, 11:56 AM

i gotta tell ya.. i learned more from that show, then i did in school.. at least i retained more from that show then from books..
i guess watching history instead of reading it seems easier to remember.. for me at least.
Old 09-13-02, 11:58 AM

I would make this purchase in a second!! It totally brings back memories of my childhood watching this on Sunday nights.

It was on Sundays, right?
Old 09-13-02, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also loved that show and I was really sad when Jon-Erik Hexum died.

He was dating Elizabeth (EG) Daily at the time--she's known for her work in "Valley Girl" "Better Off Dead" and the she was also the voice of "Babe".

Very sad.
Old 09-13-02, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 278 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally posted by Buttmunker
The "Voyagers On The Titanic" episode is one I'm itching to see again.
You know, that one episode is the only one I have a clear memory of seeing.
Old 09-13-02, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Z
You know, that one episode is the only one I have a clear memory of seeing.
For a tv series, the sinking of the Titanic on the show was really technically cool. I don't know if they used stock footage from older Titanic movies - but its funny to watch because it sinks in one piece.
Old 01-22-03, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was on e-bay today, and out of curiousity I entered "Voyagers DVD," and lo-and-behold! there was something there!

On a Region Free DVD, there's the Pilot episode and the 2nd episode of the series...and that's it. Bidding starts off at $24.00 and its a "dutch auction." I'd have bidded for it, but TWO EPISODES?!? I don't think I'm that desperate - not for something that will likely see the end of the tunnel at $40.00 or more since the auction is for four days.

Good God, does anyone know if there will be an official release for this great series? Or, at the very least, bootleg DVD's with more than two lousy episodes?
Old 01-22-03, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Buttmunker
I was on e-bay today, and out of curiousity I entered "Voyagers DVD," and lo-and-behold! there was something there!

On a Region Free DVD, there's the Pilot episode and the 2nd episode of the series...and that's it.
Sounds like the same thing as the MCA Home Video VHS released in 1985 under the title Voyager From The Unknown .... sitting happily on my shelf.
Old 01-23-03, 01:27 AM
Suspended

Well, I mailed the guy - here's what he had to say:

They are not offered commercially, nor will they ever be, so I had them made. I have only 18 of the 20 episodes that is 9 DVDs. Professionally programmed. You are exactly one of twelve others this week who have requested all the episodes. Ive sent the 9 DVDs out to others with no complaints. Also check my feedback and you will see that ive sold these without complaint. Im sorry to say, I use to sell all 10 DVDs but lost my master episode 17 and 18 (1 DVD). I use to sell the set at 150.00, but if you can live with 18 of 20, I can sell them to you for 125.00 shipping included. The quality is as good as it gets. If not, Thanks for the interest!
Hey, at least he's honest.
Old 01-23-03, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn, the Ebay dude is sure charging a lot for those episodes!

I can't believe other people remember this show. I really thought I was the only one. Ever since that show, I still go "batsbreath" instead of "damn!" and everyone looks at me funny. I believe that is a line used a lot on that show (hopefully my memory's correct of where I got that wierd saying.)

Another obscure show I loved was "Manimal" which didn't last too long either.
Old 01-23-03, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder why he would be auctioning just the first two episodes instead of all the ones he's got. I'll have to ask him. But that is a lot of money, and it probably doesn't include my favorite episode about the Titanic (that came towards the end of the run).
Old 01-23-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have been in contact with James Parriott. He was one of the head writers/producers for the show. He also created the show Forever Knight which is what I had been in contact with him about. I did ask if either show was coming to dvd. He told me that he wanted to bring Forever Knight to dvd. But, Columbia keeps saying no. He never gave me an answer regarding Voyagers. I will email him again and let you know when he answers.
Old 01-23-03, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by TOLEN
I have been in contact with James Parriott. He was one of the head writers/producers for the show. He also created the show Forever Knight which is what I had been in contact with him about. I did ask if either show was coming to dvd. He told me that he wanted to bring Forever Knight to dvd. But, Columbia keeps saying no. He never gave me an answer regarding Voyagers. I will email him again and let you know when he answers.
yeah please keep us in the loop as to any info you might find.

i remember they were selling an omni on ebay. there was this guy who created movie props.. the omni had working lights and dial.. was bidding pretty high then too.. like 150 or so.. can't remember.

would love to get one of those.. heh.
Old 01-23-03, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by raytrade
Another obscure show I loved was "Manimal" which didn't last too long either.
A Voyagers/Manimal/Automan boxed set? I'd buy that in a hot second! That or Tales of the Gold Monkey - it could be the obscure TV show box, put out by Rhino.
Old 01-23-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

See now, "Manimal" and "Automan" are quite obscure...but I don't think "Voyagers" is obscure because if you mention it to somebody, they'll go, 'oh dip! I loved that show.'

You mention those others, much like myself, they'd go, 'who?'
Old 01-24-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Meeno Peluce - the kid, Jeffrey Jones, in the series - had a career before "Voyagers!" He was one of the kids in "The Amityville Horror" (1979).

(The other son in "The Amityville Horror" could later be seen on the series "Eight Is Enough," as a friend of Nicholas Bradford.)
Old 01-24-03, 03:45 PM

Meeno Peluce is the cousin of Solei Moon Frye...Punky Brewster! He was on another show called Best Of The West...it was a comedy and starred the guy who played the dad on Silver Spoons (sorry, don't know his name) and also the guy who plays the weird bum in the movie, "Repo Man" I also seem to remember that Meeno was playing every guest kid role on TV for awhile....always crying! It must've been the cry that got him those parts or something, cause he always had a sad story to tell that would end up with him crying, includung Voyagers when he tells Phineas about his parents dying in a car wreck, and he (cry, cry) couldn't get anybody to help (cry cry) wonder where ol' Meeno Peluce is now.
Old 01-24-03, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by El-Kabong
A Voyagers/Manimal/Automan boxed set? I'd buy that in a hot second! That or Tales of the Gold Monkey - it could be the obscure TV show box, put out by Rhino.
Tales of the Gold Monkey! Another great suggestion! How about a TotGM and Bring 'Em Back Alive boxed-set!

And yes, I too remember being very sad when Jon Erik Hexum died...even cried during the episode of Cover Up when they explained that his character had been "killed on a mission" and introduced a new lead agent (I was 12 or so...cut me some slack).
Old 01-24-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought "Making of a Male Model" was actually a pretty good piece of movie-making. (Well, I was a kid, so everything was good movie-making to me back then.) Tells the story of a nobody (Hexum) farmboy who gets discovered, brought to New York, made famous, gets jaded, and returns to the farm to live out the rest of his days.

I think that completes Hexum's resume. "Voyagers," "Cover Up," "Making of a Male Model." Not necessarily in that order.
Old 01-24-03, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by killbot
wonder where ol' Meeno Peluce is now.
Where are they now
(1998) Teaches history at Hollywood High

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.