Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Everybody Loves Raymond Repackaged

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 06-20-11, 09:14 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at my local Target in Elmhurst, NY tonight, and I saw newly, slim repackaged cases for "Raymond". I didn't get a picture, but I was wondering who else saw these? Man, I want to update my sets, haha!
Old 06-21-11, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Everybody Loves Raymond Repackaged

I recently bought the first volume of Moonlighting at Target, on sale for < $10. Opening the package, I was confused there was no list of episodes anywhere, not on the back of the package, and no booklet. I figured out later that while the disks were the very same, the original packaging was embossed cardboard with plastic trays and a thick booklet like you usually get with a TV series. I don't mind getting a keep case instead, but think there are certain lines the studios shouldn't cross. Obviously if I buy more seasons, I will be choosing the original release.

A race to the bottom, as usual.
Old 06-21-11, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'll have to check my Target. I passed on the series a while back because of the bulky packaging and the fact that every set sounded like it had loose discs.
Old 06-21-11, 06:59 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I'll have to check my Target. I passed on the series a while back because of the bulky packaging and the fact that every set sounded like it had loose discs.
They do sound like the discs are loose, but trust me, I bought the sets, and the discs couldn't have been more secure. While I do like how nicely the sets are packaged, they are extremely bulky, and take up over half of a long shelf, and if I was able to sell the old ones off, I'd definitely buy new releases.
Old 11-06-11, 02:02 PM
Cool New Member

Sorry to bump this up, but has anyone bought the new sets yet and/or have pictures? At this point, thinking of selling and purchasing the new, slimer sets...
Old 02-19-12, 04:58 PM

I have held off on buying this grate series because i didn't want those big fat sets talking up so much room, but i also was at MY local target and ALSO cam across these new repackaged sets and ought the 'Seasons 1&2' savings pack that target is so famous for lol. The new sets are VERY VERY nice. I just cant fined seasons 3-9 in the slim sets now Darn it.
Old 03-14-12, 12:27 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by SCRE4M
I have held off on buying this grate series because i didn't want those big fat sets talking up so much room, but i also was at MY local target and ALSO cam across these new repackaged sets and ought the 'Seasons 1&2' savings pack that target is so famous for lol. The new sets are VERY VERY nice. I just cant fined seasons 3-9 in the slim sets now Darn it.
That's the problem. I'd LOVE to sell my older copies and buy the show's new slim sets, but they're nowhere to be found. Quite frankly, I'd like the show on Blu-Ray, but I don't see it happening. I think it already would have by now.
Old 07-21-12, 10:03 PM
Cool New Member

It's been awhile so I have to ask...

Has anyone had any luck finding these?
Old 07-22-12, 04:18 PM

Target had a 2-pack of seasons 6&7 that I picked up about a month ago.
Old 07-25-12, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by ryan423
Quite frankly, I'd like the show on Blu-Ray, but I don't see it happening. I think it already would have by now.
Maybe the early seasons were edited/assembled on 1" NTSC tape (like most other mid-1990s shows) rather than on film or HD tape and would have to be re-assembled (like Star Trek: Next Generation, but without all the pesky SFX)? The show began before the "HD era", so it may be that holding things up (surely the later seasons would've been edited on HD tape rather than NTSC).

I've seen this show in reruns so much, I've been pretty much overloaded on it, so was never in a hurry to buy the DVDs (syndication reruns kept me from feeling the need to keep purchasing remaining Scrubs seasons as they came out, too). I know I have the patience to wait-out the studio and skip any/all DVD releases of this show and wait for an HD one.

If a HD release never happens, then I'm sure there'll be plenty of second-hand/bargain sets floating around throughout the next decade or longer.
Old 10-27-12, 12:02 PM
Cool New Member

Just checking in to see if anyone has had luck since the last time this particular post was active. Has anyone found the slim sets?
Old 12-21-12, 09:54 PM

The new repackaged complete series set has the slim Viva sets.
Old 01-16-13, 07:31 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by njwiv
The new repackaged complete series set has the slim Viva sets.
Which set would this be? Is there an Amazon, Target, or online BestBuy link you can point me towards? I'd love to sell my bigger sets ASAP.
Old 05-22-13, 11:28 PM

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...dvdpricesearch
Old 10-18-13, 03:04 PM

I never purchased the big bulky sets. Now I'm collecting the slim sets. I picked up seasons 6-7 packaged together at Target, about a year ago. Recently, Best Buy had Seasons 1, 2 &8 for 9.99 each, which I picked up. And I got season 9 at Walmart for 9.99. All I need are seasons 3-5, and I don't know if they're available.