DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Alternate Covers

Old 05-26-11, 10:17 PM
Banned

Alternate Covers

You ever buy a movie that has a different cover than you see anywhere else ? I just got Event Horizon, and it has a cover that I haven't seen anywhere. I was able to find the front, but not the back. The back cover that I have has a shot of a man in a spacesuit. The other covers that I've seen all have shots from the movie on it.
Old 06-05-11, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Alternate Covers

You mean the back is different? I've noticed that after awhile, when they repress the dvd for whatever reason, the cover might be different, or just the spine or the back.

Devil In a Blue Dress has two different backs.
Old 06-05-11, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Paramount did this a while back. They changed almost all the covers of their catalogue titles.
Old 06-05-11, 07:29 PM
Banned

I wish they wouldn't. It makes it harder to make sure of the edition you're ordering. The first release of the Predator blu-ray used the cover from the special edition dvd. So, if you saw that cover, you'd think you were getting the special edition....but you wouldn't.