Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

6 Disc DVD Cases ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-10, 02:10 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6 Disc DVD Cases ?

I love the Terminator 2 set, except for that fact that it stacks all 6 discs on top of each other. Would anyone here know where to find a 6 disc case in the standard 14mm dvd case (not the superthick cases like Rose Red or the Five Star Independence Day release came in) that does not have overlapping discs ? The Real Ghostbusters set has five discs cases with no overlap. There's one disc on the back, and two flip trays in the middle with a disc on each side. I've seen 6 disc cases but they're really think 27mm ones. I'm looking for normal thickness 14mm cases. Are they available anywhere ?
Old 07-20-10, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 6 Disc DVD Cases ?

A few people here have been looking for them for months. It doesn't seem that they are sold to the general public yet. They are the same cases that they use on alot of tv show releases now. Good luck finding some, I know I've spent hours searching.
Old 07-20-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

I order these ones
http://www.effectuality.com/store/it...tore/us/lng/en
Old 07-20-10, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MR Round
The OP is looking for the 14mm ones though. The ones you posted are the 27mm or so ones.
Old 07-20-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

oops i missed the 14mm part Sorry!!!
Old 07-20-10, 06:14 PM
Banned

Yeah, they're standard dvd case size.
Old 07-20-10, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Here are some 14 mm 6 disc cases, but not precisely what you're looking for.

http://www.shop4tech.com/item3706.html

I would love to find those like what the Walt Disney Treasures - Zorro Seasons 1 & 2 come in - those are fantastic cases - no overlap of discs, sturdy, 14 mm, built tough - in a word --- fantastic!

I just Googled 14 mm 6 disc dvd case and also came up with this site - which offers several alternatives on this particular page!
http://www.pcx.com.au/index.aspx?t=186&s=951&sx=six

Last edited by danwiz; 07-20-10 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-20-10, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by danwiz
Here are some 14 mm 6 disc cases, but not precisely what you're looking for.

http://www.shop4tech.com/item3706.html

I would love to find those like what the Walt Disney Treasures - Zorro Seasons 1 & 2 come in - those are fantastic cases - no overlap of discs, sturdy, 14 mm, built tough - in a word --- fantastic!

I just Googled 14 mm 6 disc dvd case and also came up with this site - which offers several alternatives on this particular page!
http://www.pcx.com.au/index.aspx?t=186&s=951&sx=six
The PCX ones are almost like the ones that are used in tv shows but not quite. They are also ridiculously expensive since they'd have to be shipped from australia.
Old 07-20-10, 11:59 PM
Banned

The PCX looks good, but they don't seem to have it in black, which is mainly what I'm looking for.
Old 07-21-10, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's another further down the page when I Googled the same thing as before:

http://www.nextag.com/6-disc-dvd-case/search-html

I think this company is in the USA. They say "Out of Stock", but you can bookmark the site and check back in a while.
Old 07-21-10, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by danwiz
Here's another further down the page when I Googled the same thing as before:

http://www.nextag.com/6-disc-dvd-case/search-html

I think this company is in the USA. They say "Out of Stock", but you can bookmark the site and check back in a while.
I didn't see any on that page other than ones with stackable hubs. Do you have a more direct link?
Old 07-21-10, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holy bananas, you're correct vmars, sorry about that. No, I don't have any other ideas. Can a mod delete that post maybe?? Thanks!
Old 07-21-10, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
I love the Terminator 2 set, except for that fact that it stacks all 6 discs on top of each other. Would anyone here know where to find a 6 disc case in the standard 14mm dvd case (not the superthick cases like Rose Red or the Five Star Independence Day release came in) that does not have overlapping discs ? The Real Ghostbusters set has five discs cases with no overlap. There's one disc on the back, and two flip trays in the middle with a disc on each side. I've seen 6 disc cases but they're really think 27mm ones. I'm looking for normal thickness 14mm cases. Are they available anywhere ?
I have some of these. I can sell you some if you want. PM me.
Old 10-18-10, 02:23 AM

These are from brackley-industries the cases you are looking for, but I have searched extensively and they are impossible to find. And no one is going to order from Australia since that would cost too much per item after shipping.

The closest to these you can find are their secure versions of these cases which are under the label One-Time.

You can get them at vernonlibrarysupplies dot com. Just look under DVD cases - secure cases and the case is labeled OneTime Hex case and holds 6 discs. I ordered them and they are great. While these are security cases, they are provided unlocked and there is no way to accidentally lock them. This company sellers to libraries, but anyone can buy from them. Shipping to Chicago, IL was reasonable.

If anyone finds others sources for these then please let us know. I have tried emailing rima, cyberguys, and effectuality to try to carry these since if vernonlibrarysupplies can get them then I assume other distributors can. So if you want email these other companies with the suggestion of carrying them If they see enough interest then they will begin to stock these and hopefully the larger companies can offer a lower price then the $2.35 that vernon charges.

I also wonder if other library suppliers sell these. I have yet to find others but I assume these are not easy to find using a google search since they may not list them by brand name of OneTime so makes it harder to find someone selling them.

Last edited by jfcarbel; 10-18-10 at 02:43 AM.
Old 10-18-10, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I have some of these. I can sell you some if you want. PM me.
...or not
Old 12-20-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

How about these: http://www.blankmedia.ca/6-DVD-CASE-Prodlist.html
Old 01-06-11, 05:22 PM

Anybody had luck contacting Brackley-industries directly? So far I got an auto reply e-mail that I will get another reply.
Old 01-19-11, 02:21 PM

I contacted them last summer but never got a reply, I keep scouring the web once a month in the hopes that the Fox type cases will soon appear. The closest thing I have found is from an Australian site, PCX, but they don't have the media clips. To ship 15 cases to the US would cost $75 for the s&H alone. I am so desperate to find these cases, it is driving me crazy!!
Old 01-20-11, 02:10 AM

Why not just get them from vernonlibrarysupplies as they are almost exactly the same. The only have black and not the clear versions though. I have ordered these and they are the 14mm versions, non-overlapping 6-disc case and I believe even made by the Australian manufacturer.

These are at vernonlibrarysupplies under their security packaging section and labeled as one-time-dvd-case-hex-pack-ho
Home / AV Media Products / CD, DVD & Blu-Ray / Secure Cases

Maybe their are other library suppliers out there that have the clear ones.

From what I understand is that Brackley only sells to companies that produce movies/films (i.e. large DVD production houses) and probably also make the security type cases for libraries as well.

Last edited by jfcarbel; 01-20-11 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-16-11, 11:27 AM

US Plastic got in come new Amaray cases.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...0927&catid=886

They have 6 disc in 14mm but no media clips, I have not ordered any as yet, but they are the nicest looking 6 disc cases I have seen yet in 14MM size.

I have ordered from US Plastic before, they are expensive, but quality is good. I had one case get damaged and CS sent out a replacement no questions asked.

If anyone orders any, please post a review.