Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

New Simpsons DVD sets missing booklets?!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-10, 03:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, before I go call every number on the FOX e-mail list, I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of their brand new bought Simpsons DVD sets missing the episode guide booklet that is supposed to come inside.

I bought Seasons 1-3 and 5-7 from the recent Best Buy sale and Season 1 and 7 are both missing the booklets, but have the slot where they should go.

I couldn't find much searching this forum, but it's a big forum. I've read somewhere else where a forumite was saying it's probably because FOX is cheaping out on printing booklets for newer sets.

Has anyone had to get a booklet from FOX or know what number would be best to start at? I have my original receipt and everything, but I just want to get this resolved as quick and painless as possible.
Old 01-14-10, 04:19 PM

Re: New Simpsons DVD sets missing booklets?!

Not sure but if that doesn't work you could try taking them back and tell them some of the sets you bought were missing them and ask for an exchange... if they let you do this they will probably open the new set up right there and check.
Old 01-14-10, 04:30 PM
Cool New Member

Haha, I could try that, but I'm dreading if they open another new one, find no book inside and then I try to beg them to open another one.
Old 01-14-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

I have the first 10 seasons and they have those thickish booklets in the latest seasons which I have.
Old 01-17-10, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I've read on Simpsons forums, the pressings in stores now don't come with the booklets. Looks like your Seasons 1 and 7 are the newest batch out of the ones you bought.