Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Black to clear cases?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-09, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black to clear cases?

I'm thinking about converting all my black dvd cases to clear cases. I currently have 235 dvds. I just want clean new cases. Anyone ever done this? Best place to buy cases?
Old 11-29-09, 10:03 PM

Re: Black to clear cases?

Oh, sorry I forgot there was a case and cover forum. Mods could you move this? Thanks
Old 11-30-09, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JTp8ntball
I'm thinking about converting all my black dvd cases to clear cases. I currently have 235 dvds. I just want clean new cases. Anyone ever done this? Best place to buy cases?
My honest opinion? It sounds like an unnecessary expense and waste of plastic, and the act of someone with untreated obsessive-compulsive disorder. You could just clean your existing cases.

But if you must waste your money on new cases rather than using it for new DVDs, I've always been happy with the service from Bags Unlimited.
Old 11-30-09, 06:49 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

If you're going to convert, you might as well go to slimcases, and double your storage space.
Old 11-30-09, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Once I went black, I couldn't go back.
Old 11-30-09, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
My honest opinion? It sounds like an unnecessary expense and waste of plastic, and the act of someone with untreated obsessive-compulsive disorder. You could just clean your existing cases.
Originally Posted by Trevor
If you're going to convert, you might as well go to slimcases, and double your storage space.
I agree with both these posts. If you are going to go through the expense and trouble of redoing all your cases, why not slim down the collection a little.

I personally havent used Bags Unlimited before, but have seen plenty of posts from people that have and they seem to be good. I personally reccommend genesysdtp.com . He ahs every style case under the sun, and is very cheap. shipping is reasonable and quick as well. He is in CT like me, so I get stuff delivered the next day with regualr UPS ground shipping.
Old 11-30-09, 08:04 PM

Im actually really considering the thinpak or slim cases (7mm) I think they look very clean and will reduce my collection down to almost half the room.
Old 12-01-09, 09:52 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I've always used shop4tech for cases. Seem to have the best prices, after the frequent 18% coupons and cashback thru bing or similar sites; and great customer service/shipping times.
Old 12-01-09, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
I've always used shop4tech for cases. Seem to have the best prices, after the frequent 18% coupons and cashback thru bing or similar sites; and great customer service/shipping times.
I've looked at Shop4tech and they seem to be the winner with free ground shipping
Old 12-01-09, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

If you go to Thinpak Cases you will be one of a growing number who are doing (have done) so. My collection has mostly been converted to Thinpak (7 mm) cases now. I get my art from r1db.com. Some artwork is not available in Thinpak size, but you can convert it yourself or ask here - I have converted a lot of art to Thinpak and have not bothered to upload the edited version because I don't feel like the creator.
Old 12-03-09, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by danwiz
If you go to Thinpak Cases you will be one of a growing number who are doing (have done) so. My collection has mostly been converted to Thinpak (7 mm) cases now. I get my art from r1db.com. Some artwork is not available in Thinpak size, but you can convert it yourself or ask here - I have converted a lot of art to Thinpak and have not bothered to upload the edited version because I don't feel like the creator.
I've tried using r1db.com, but I can't stand the fact that you have to pay to download cover art? I mean seriously....
Old 12-03-09, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I trashed all my cases last weekend and put my entire collection in one 200+ binder. It takes up so much less space & I realized going through this that 90% of DVD covers are ugly photoshops anyway.

Of course I kept unique or special packaging, but bye bye floating heads and hello shelf space!
Old 12-03-09, 11:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I guess there are quite a few places to shop. I just ordered a box of 50, 4 disk per 14mm case in frosted clear plastic for $31 shipped from SuperMediaStore.com. They ship and arrive quickly for me. This is my second order of these over the last 6 months. I use them for TV shows I capture that aren't available on DVD, as well as consolidating older TV release that released single disks in standard size cases.
Old 12-03-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JTp8ntball
I've tried using r1db.com, but I can't stand the fact that you have to pay to download cover art? I mean seriously....
Try CustomCovers. Also, R1 is probably the largest resource of well-designed covers on the net, and the money keeps the site going.
Old 12-03-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
Try CustomCovers. Also, R1 is probably the largest resource of well-designed covers on the net, and the money keeps the site going.
I have pulled so many covers from teh site, that I gladly pay whatever they ask at R1DB. I used to be a member at another site that I reccommended to alot of people, until the guy closed the site one day, and kept charging people. Now, I try to stick to R1, but I also use customaniacs and 9covers. I think I have credits at each. They are like $10 or 20 for 400 credits or something, and they always seem to be having specials.