Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Can someone identify this steelbook?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-08, 04:59 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, it's not letting me post the links to the 2 pictures I have of the DVD because I don't have enough posts.....

Can someone who is familiar with the Boondock Saints steelbook post here so I can either PM you or e-mail you the pictures? I don't want to purchase before I'm certain it's the steelbook and I can't tell from the pictures. Thanks much.

Last edited by Warrior1986; 10-02-08 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 05:15 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
dude,
you don't have to post a new thread for every steelbook request you have. posting in the existing SteelBook thread will do and you should gets good info. no big deal, just better to keep things condensed.
Old 10-02-08, 05:20 PM
Cool New Member

Good point. I just wanted to draw attention to it as a seperate thread, but from now I'll keep it to that thread.

Edit - I just got the UPC code from the seller. It is 024543-231387

Last edited by Warrior1986; 10-02-08 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 06:05 PM
Cool New Member

Ok, I'm confused.

Based on that UPC, I pulled it up as the steelbook according to dvd.stahlhammer.net, but according to the seller,there are no words on the front cover of the case.

In the pictures that are supposedly of the steelbook, it should say BoonDock Saints in red font in the middle of the cross and the words Unrated Special Edition. And on the pictures, neither of those are on it.
Old 10-02-08, 09:16 PM

I do not know much about the upc's and I cannot see the pictures, but remember there are two Region 1 Boondock Saints Steelbooks out there.

The 20th Century Fox (USA) release:

and the Mapple (Canada) release:

I

Last edited by Willo007; 10-02-08 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 10:13 PM
Cool New Member

Oh man, thank you Willo. That 1st picture is exactly the same as the one I was sent.

I've got the proof I need, time to BUY!!!
Old 10-04-08, 01:19 AM

If the UPC you listed is indeed the one he is selling, then that is the US SteelBook. The Amaray Case is 024543-404880.

It should have some red lettering on the cover also.

I also don't see a problem with you posting this separately. I enjoy all the discussion on the Definitive List Thread, but I see that thread as a discussion of new and upcoming SteelBooks. This was a question of an older OOP one. Honestly, I would have done the same, and if I ever feel the urge to ask, I probably will post a new thread.

Good luck with the purchase. Hopefully, the seller isn't trying to pull a fast one on you.
Old 10-04-08, 09:39 PM
Cool New Member

That was my thinking as well, since it's a much older steelbook.

I guess I'll see if I got screwed once it gets here, because while the UPC matches up, he could be lying and found that UPC online and the pic he sent me doesn't have any red lettering as far as I can tell.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just call up Amex and get my money back.
Old 10-06-08, 04:00 PM
Cool New Member

Well I've got great news.

Got this in the mail today, and it is the steelbook. The reason why there was no red lettering on the front is because the info page was on the wrong side. It was stuck on the front, which is why the "front shot" he sent me didn't have anything on it, since it was really a picture of the back. Yay

Only question I have left. When I opened it, there was nothing inside except 2 discs. I take it there's not supposed to be any booklet or anything?

Last edited by Warrior1986; 10-06-08 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-10-08, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Warrior1986
Well I've got great news.

Got this in the mail today, and it is the steelbook. The reason why there was no red lettering on the front is because the info page was on the wrong side. It was stuck on the front, which is why the "front shot" he sent me didn't have anything on it, since it was really a picture of the back. Yay

Only question I have left. When I opened it, there was nothing inside except 2 discs. I take it there's not supposed to be any booklet or anything?
I got mine (US Fox Version) when it first came out, and it did not bring an inner sleeve.