DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Blank/Replacement DVD Slipcases?

Old 06-24-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Blank/Replacement DVD Slipcases?

Does anyone know of a company that sells blank DVD slipcases?

I'd like to take several of my DVDs and combine them into single slipcases. For example, I'd like to combine my three Lord of the Ring Amarays into a single set in a 3-Amaray slipcase (like the way the 3 EE versions are in one large slipcase).

I'm looking for cases that can hold as few as 2 Amarays to as many as 5 or 6, and am also looking for similar packaging to hold 2 or more Thinpaks, but can't seem to find anyone who sells them.
Old 06-24-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

(PS - Thanks for moving this thread to the right forum.)
Old 06-25-08, 05:02 AM

The only website I know of that does this is Paul Champagne's:
Design Paul Champagne

However, I think you'll find the cost to be prohibitive on all but your very favorites series/trilogies/etc. Does it really bother you not to have things in slipcases?

EDIT:
Hmm, a quick Google turned up this other site:
The Dub House
The cases are blank, rather than Paul Champagnes custom designs. However, no pricing on the website - they want you to call for a quote. And they'll want you to buy in bulk, I'm sure.

Last edited by Chucky; 06-25-08 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-25-08, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chucky
The only website I know of that does this is Paul Champagne's:
Design Paul Champagne

However, I think you'll find the cost to be prohibitive on all but your very favorites series/trilogies/etc. Does it really bother you not to have things in slipcases?
Yeah, Champagne's stuff is top-notch and I've heard nothing but great things from the folks who have bought them.

Does it bother me to not have things in slipcases? Nope, not at all, but I've got a LOT of DVDs and several of them make sense to be slipcased. For example, I've recently begun collecting the Godzilla movies, and my first three purchases were sets that came in 3-, 5-, and 7-DVD sets. The rest of the DVDs are loose, and it would be nice to have them in a simple case - even if it were a generic black one - just for continuity. Ditto my LEXX DVDs, or the Horatio Hornblowers I bought individually as they came out, or the aforementioned Lord of the Rings discs. None of these necessarily have to be in a multi-dvd case, but if it's an option it's something I might want to explore.
EDIT:
Hmm, a quick Google turned up this other site:
The Dub House
The cases are blank, rather than Paul Champagnes custom designs. However, no pricing on the website - they want you to call for a quote. And they'll want you to buy in bulk, I'm sure.
Thanks. I tried Googling and couldn't figure out how to phrase my search to get what I wanted. I'll check those guys out.

Added: For others also interested, their catalog (3+ MB) can be downloaded here. They have many different slipcase sizes and styles, but as you mention, no pricing info. Also, I can't tell what the materials would be or whether that would be part of the pricing. I don't expect it'll be cost-effective to get ones and twos of what I want from these guys, tho.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 06-25-08 at 08:14 AM.