DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Custom Disc Art

Old 04-08-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Custom Disc Art

A couple of questions here. First off, where can one find disc art for movies/tv shows, mostly tv shows? I dug around and found a good pic of a tv show, Teachers, that was never released on dvd and only ran 6 episodes. So naturally I burnt my own dvd. I have a pic ready to go, but no cd labels (nor a printer). I can access a good color printer though, but should I attach the paper to the disc or wait and get a cd label? And if my patience runs thin, what's the best way of attaching a paper picture to a disc? I tried searching for some info but couldn't find anything. Thanks!

PS. I'll probably also be wanting a dvd case for Teachers so heads up there if you know of a pic or a site.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I realize paper would be a bad idea. So any recommendations for labels?

Last edited by pridesticks06; 04-08-08 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-09-08, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Buy a printer that supports direct-cd printing and some printable DVD-R's. The R series Epson Photo printers are the most popular. Stick-on labels just degrade the life of the disc.

Btw, every one of the covers on your Want List are available (in spades) at R1Db and ReplaceTheCase. You might want to think about signing up over there.
Old 04-10-08, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joliom
Buy a printer that supports direct-cd printing and some printable DVD-R's. The R series Epson Photo printers are the most popular. Stick-on labels just degrade the life of the disc.

Btw, every one of the covers on your Want List are available (in spades) at R1Db and ReplaceTheCase. You might want to think about signing up over there.
Well, my mom's laptop has something similar to that (I think). I remember it being called lightscribe or something and can print pictures directly on the disc. Can't really afford a high end printer right now (though I need one). ReplaceTheCase isn't loading for some reason, but can one get physical slipcovers there? Thanks for the sites btw.
Old 04-11-08, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You can get an Epson R280 for less than $100. If you are at all proficient with Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or any other major image editing software, you'll be able to design anything you want. Trust me, short of investing thousands of dollars in professional-grade thermal printing equipment (what the studios use), it's the best bet by far.

And what do you mean by "physical slipcovers"? Do you mean already printed? In that case, no. They have fully designed custom covers available as hires .jpg images that you can download and print yourself.