Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-08, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick question.

When the DVD originally came out (talking about the widescreen DVD) and I bought it (they were all the same at the store), it didn't come with a slip case. The Full Screen version didn't have a slip case either.

The other day I was browsing at BestBuy and the Full Screen version of the DVD has a slip case. I couldn't find a Wide-Screen version to see if they also had one, but it surprised me it would have one in the first place.

Did WB add this later on or did I maybe miss something from the beginning? I always hate that out of the 5 films released to DVD so far, PoA is the only one without a slip case.
Old 01-25-08, 01:13 AM

I've never seen it with a slip. And I have seen the other installments without them, too. Maybe a region thing?
Old 01-25-08, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by xfusejc
Just a quick question.

When the DVD originally came out (talking about the widescreen DVD) and I bought it (they were all the same at the store), it didn't come with a slip case. The Full Screen version didn't have a slip case either.

The other day I was browsing at BestBuy and the Full Screen version of the DVD has a slip case. I couldn't find a Wide-Screen version to see if they also had one, but it surprised me it would have one in the first place.

Did WB add this later on or did I maybe miss something from the beginning? I always hate that out of the 5 films released to DVD so far, PoA is the only one without a slip case.
It's a single disk re-release tied to the release of OOTP. The original 2 disc version never had a slipcase.
Old 01-25-08, 12:45 PM

^ Ah. That's the detail I was missing.

Thanks a lot