Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Where to buy keep cases?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-07, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy keep cases?

I buy a lot of previewed DVDs and some of the cases are pretty beaten up, and also I hate those cases that Blockbuster has.

I've been looking for a place to buy a bunch of keep cases. Does anyone know of a place? I've looked at Walmart, but they only have the slim keep cases. I haven't had any luck finding them at Target or Best Buy around here.
Old 07-30-07, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
usplastic.com
Old 07-30-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.shop4tech.com/z/DVD_Cases/1_97_119/

Not sure how competitive their pricing is in general but I bookmarked them from a mention by someone else on DVDTalk and their prices beat the above site and offer free shipping.
Old 07-31-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fashionvictim86
I've looked at Walmart, but they only have the slim keep cases. I haven't had any luck finding them at Target or Best Buy around here.
Target and Best Buy here usually have them... If you don't want to order online then check an office supply store - Office Depot, OfficeMax - or a computer store - CompUSA...

That said, if you're looking at a bulk order then you are better off ordering online.
Old 07-31-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.sleevetown.com/

http://genesysdtp.com/

http://effectuality.com/

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/
Old 07-31-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Staples sells them in blocks of 10 (Memorex brand).
Old 07-31-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
i'll second http://genesysdtp.com/
Anyone know of anyone that sells 8, 9, and 10 disc standard width cases?
Old 07-31-07, 05:44 PM

any ideas where i can get a 3 dvd case preferably an amaray (standard width) with the double sided swing tray? I only really need one. the one site (sleevetown, i think) had a penny sample, but the tray insert only came in 5pack. i want to have one case for my 300 2-disc + the bonus dvd from best buy that came with the 300 movie cash and still be able to put the slipcover around it. any suggestions?
Old 08-01-07, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by wennma01
any ideas where i can get a 3 dvd case preferably an amaray (standard width) with the double sided swing tray? I only really need one. the one site (sleevetown, i think) had a penny sample, but the tray insert only came in 5pack. i want to have one case for my 300 2-disc + the bonus dvd from best buy that came with the 300 movie cash and still be able to put the slipcover around it. any suggestions?
Buy one of the 5-disc VERSApak cases from SleeveTown for $1.50 or one of the Budget 4-Disc cases for $.75, remove one of the flip pages, and substitute it into a standard 2-disc Amaray case for the single-sided flip page. That's what I do. Works great.

Last edited by joliom; 08-01-07 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-01-07, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool
i'll second http://genesysdtp.com/
Anyone know of anyone that sells 8, 9, and 10 disc standard width cases?
10 discs in a standard width case!?! I don't think that's physically possible even if you just piled the discs right on top of each other. GenesysDTP sells some 5 and 6-Disc cases that are the exact same size as a standard single Amaray, but I don't think they get any bigger without widening the spine. The only way I can even see getting 8 discs into a 14mm spine would be with this soft plastic sleeve style case (which, as far as I know, only goes up to 6 discs currently):

Old 08-02-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by joliom
10 discs in a standard width case!?! I don't think that's physically possible even if you just piled the discs right on top of each other. GenesysDTP sells some 5 and 6-Disc cases that are the exact same size as a standard single Amaray, but I don't think they get any bigger without widening the spine. The only way I can even see getting 8 discs into a 14mm spine would be with this soft plastic sleeve style case (which, as far as I know, only goes up to 6 discs currently):

Believe me, I know that is a tall order. The thing is all my seasons of a certain tv show are in single width cases. But season 4 is 9 discs when the others are 6 and 4. I would like them all to match. I wonder if i can get an insert page that holds four discs and swap it out in a 6 case that has 2 per side for a total of 8. I could live with that.
Old 08-02-07, 03:48 PM

It won't work. You're going to have to settle for a wider 9-Disc case or else split the season into two cases.
Old 08-04-07, 12:13 PM

Buy one of the 5-disc VERSApak cases from SleeveTown for $1.50 or one of the Budget 4-Disc cases for $.75, remove one of the flip pages, and substitute it into a standard 2-disc Amaray case for the single-sided flip page. That's what I do. Works great.
Are all of the 2D flip pages identical in both the (4, 6 & 8D) Budget and (5-8) VERSApak lines?

Could you buy an 8D Budget case and pop out the 3 flip pages for use in 3 Amarays?
Old 08-06-07, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by D'ohboy
Are all of the 2D flip pages identical in both the (4, 6 & 8D) Budget and (5-8) VERSApak lines?

Could you buy an 8D Budget case and pop out the 3 flip pages for use in 3 Amarays?
Yes. If you need a bunch then buying the 8-Disc ones is the most economical way to go. Just be sure to get even-numbered cases. The 5 and 7-Disc ones use a smaller single-disc flip page for the 5th or 7th disc. The 6 and 8-Disc ones, only use the full-size 2-disc flip pages (two in the 6D and 3 in the 8D).

Btw, if you're wondering about the difference bewteen the pages in VERSApaks vs. the Budget ones, the VERSA's resemble WB studio cases with the nodule hub comprised of inward-facing arrows, whereas the Budget ones have a push down hub that's kind of like a cheap version of the Amaray hub. Both work great, but I personally prefer the look of the VERSApak pages better.

If you just want a few, PM me. I have a bag full of both kinds of pages. Way more than I need, actually.

Last edited by joliom; 08-06-07 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-07-07, 11:20 AM

If you just want a few, PM me. I have a bag full of both kinds of pages. Way more than I need, actually.
Thanks for the info. and offer joliom, I have to place an order to Sleeve City anyway so picking up one of the 8D cases will probably be all I need.