DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Masters of Horror "Haekel's Tale" slipcover?

Old 07-02-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Masters of Horror "Haekel's Tale" slipcover?

I've been unable to find a decent slipcover for Master's of Horror: Haeckel's Tale. The one I got didn't come with one. I saw one in the store, but it was all scratched up and had sticker damage. Most of the copies I see in stores don't have any slipcovers. Does anybody have one they'd like to part with?
Old 07-11-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not to be rude, but what is the obsession with slipcovers? I've never understood it. generally its the same artwork as on the main case, just something else in the way of me enjoying my movie.
Old 07-11-07, 10:38 PM

well, for me, the disney slipcovers for their platinum edition line have been really nice. thick cardboard, occassionally embossed or with holographic foil, and some even opening up like a book with more artwork and disc details.

in other cases, i just feel like the slipcover adds some class to the dvd. for example, the dreamgirls 3-disc silver slipcover exclusive at target. the two-discs were just in a standard amaray with unimpressive artwork. but the nice slipcover actually made the target version "seem" like a special edition. of course, that's just in my head. but a lot of times, when slipcovers add elements like these, it makes it seem like the studios have actually put time and effort into creating a nice, collectible pacakge for dvd consumers. and considering that inserts are almost completely extinct, i feel like i'm getting SOMETHING for the price i pay instead of a cheapy amaray case, a thin piece of paper slipped inside and a single disc. especially when the studios can't even be bothered to put artwork on the disc and it's all gray and ugly.

as for slipcovers like that on the fantastic four: extended edition or ferris bueller: bueller... bueller... edition which are just cheap, thin cardboard that have nothing special about them other than reproducing the cover art, well, that's just cheap and useless... but of course, i still have to find a non-damaged slipcover because if i don't have the slipcover, i feel like i'm missing out.

so after all that ranting, basically it's all really just a stupid studio ploy, but it's working, for me at least. i wish i could be like those who shun the slipcovers and throw theirs away. it would all be so much easier.
Old 07-15-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My three other Masters of Horror DVDs have slipcovers, so simply want one to match.