Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Same clip art, different cover

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I saw an ad for Karate Dog, I noticed something familar...

The brown dog down in the lower left looked awfully familar. I know I had seen that dog on a DVD cover somewhere before. After some time of trying to figure it out, I recalled this movie:

It's not just the same dog, but it's EXACTLY THE SAME PICTURE.

And the little dog on the Karate Dog cover by the words "of action hero" is also on the Chilly Dogs cover, on the sled with the man, but it's hard to see in that image from amazon.com, and it's also the same picture.

And I can't think of the other DVD now, but I know that I have seen this dog on the Double Take cover pictured on a kid's movie I saw in a store sometime. And it was not Quigley, but I think it's also the same dog as Quigley.

Does anybody else have examples where studios used the same pictures on different covers?
Old 07-31-06, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brandon Lee has some studio shots of himself that were repeated on several of his movies. I guess they didn't have much on him before he died.