Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Printing Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Printing Help

Hey -

I am trying to print covers that are larger than the normal single disc amaray but for some reason, instead of keeping it's original scale, it fills either ledger or legal size paper. It will not print on the letter size paper, because it's too long. I've tried to tweak every setting I could find.

Does anyone have any clue how I could fix this? In the past I have never had this issue.
Old 02-01-06, 07:44 AM

are you using cover software to print like undercoverxp or coverxp? those two pieces of software are designed to fit dvd cases.
Old 02-01-06, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No, I'm not. Can you elaborate?
Old 02-01-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It sounds like you have 'fit to page' selected. The feature has different names depending on your particular printing software. On my computer at work it's known as 'Scale to Fit'. Deselect that so that it prints the actual image size rather than morphing it to fit a particular paper size. It should be someplace in your print options. Usually it has a check box. If you can't find it in the print options, you might have to try in 'Page Setup' instead.
Old 02-01-06, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kerborus
No, I'm not. Can you elaborate?

undercoverxp and coverxp are two different pieces of software. for slimstyle cases it will 'squish' the spine and for standard dvd cases, it won't. Its best to use A4 or Legal size paper in order to get the entire dvd cover to print. I like using Undercoverxp for printing since I print out mostly slimstyle case covers.
you just click and load your dvd cover, select what type of dvd cover u want to print and Go.

Undercoverxp

CoverXp
Old 02-01-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll try it out. Thanks...
Old 02-03-06, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Another thing is the "borderless" option. Some software makes borderless "scale to fit," i.e. enlarges the image. So make sure that is unchecked.