DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Looking for quad DVD case

Old 01-16-06, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looking for quad DVD case

I've been recording The Tick on my Windows Media machine, and decided it's going to go on four discs. I'm looking for a 4-DVD holder, preferably one that is the same size as a normal DVD case. If anyone has used any, can you tell me good or bad? I think the kind I've liked the best from what I have seen is where each side of the case holds two staggered on top of each other. Not too crazy about having the flap in the middle. Then there's these TDK quad cases which appear to stack two on either side of the case, anyone had any experience with them? They are the cheapest ones I've found thus far.
Old 01-16-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I use the ones at genesysdtp.com and never had an issue. They are 1 each on the inside of the covers and a flap in the middle with 1 disc on each side.
Old 01-16-06, 05:59 PM

I wish Amaray would start making those ultra-slim 4-Disc cases like at GeneSysDTP. Those generic ones are fine, but the plastic is a bit too flimsy for my tastes. I'd prefer a more solid shell construction. There's no choice between those and the ones that stack the discs, though. Stackers suck.
Old 01-17-06, 08:16 AM

Well, I ended up ordering those TDK Quad cases I mentioned above, just because they were the cheapest (I paid 5.99 for a 10 pack.) When I get them, I'll write back with the quality of them.
Old 01-17-06, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I use the ones at genesysdtp.com and never had an issue. They are 1 each on the inside of the covers and a flap in the middle with 1 disc on each side.
I agree, I highly recommend genesysdtp. See this thread for details.
Old 01-18-06, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by joltman
Well, I ended up ordering those TDK Quad cases I mentioned above, just because they were the cheapest (I paid 5.99 for a 10 pack.) When I get them, I'll write back with the quality of them.
Please do. Give us some details when they arrive.
Old 01-19-06, 08:51 AM

Well, they came yesterday. They are what I expected, one amaray-style holder on either side of the inside, each deep enough to hold two, and just for the hell of it, I put 3 on there and it barely took. Discs seem pretty secure in there, but I think if you just put 1 instead of two, the disc is going to jiggle around a little bit, don't know if it would do any damage to the disc or not.
I would have rather been able to see each disc when I open it up instead of just seeing the top 2 discs, but, again, it was cheaper than anything else I could find (5.99 for 10 vs 14.79 for 10 at genesisdtp), so it'll do the job for now.
Old 01-19-06, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

How sturdy are they compared to a retail case?