DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Matching box for Star Wars I-III trilogy?

Old 12-14-05, 03:59 PM
Cool New Member

Matching box for Star Wars I-III trilogy?

Tried to search first, but kept getting a "Searching has been disabled" message.

Just wondering if there's a box anywhere out there for sale that matches the IV-VI box set but is designed for the I-III movies. Kind of like you could buy that mega box for LOTR for like $3.

Sorry if it's been discussed previously - like I said, no search. Thanks!
Old 12-14-05, 04:48 PM

That would be cool...I'm sure he's waiting for the all 6 release.
Old 12-14-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nope... it was rumored that such a box would be a retailer exclusive when Ep. III came out (and that would have been a lot cooler than the coins/lithos/clipshow DVDs that we got). But, to date nothing has been released.
Old 12-14-05, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just take all of the keepcases out and line them up on your DVD rack. There isn't much to the box anyway.
Old 12-14-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It does irrate me that the widescreen prequels came out with the gold spines and the Not so Original trilogy Widescreen is Silver. Thankfully i found some custom covers for the that so they all look the same now. If your looking for a box cover you can try ebay, i remember seeing this one guy who makes custom box covers, he had a bunch of different types but he charges like $30 for each.But they do look cool.
Old 12-14-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kocheese99
i remember seeing this one guy who makes custom box covers, he had a bunch of different types but he charges like $30 for each.But they do look cool.
You're thinking of http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/
Old 12-14-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It does irrate me that the widescreen prequels came out with the gold spines and the Not so Original trilogy Widescreen is Silver.
Well, that's because Lucas, according to past interviews, really looks at this series as 2 seperate trilogies and not one movie split into six parts ala LOTR. So he distinguished between sets.
Old 12-14-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Terrell
Well, that's because Lucas, according to past interviews, really looks at this series as 2 seperate trilogies and not one movie split into six parts ala LOTR. So he distinguished between sets.
Okay, not to pick a fight here, but once the PT got started up, all I ever heard from Lucas was that all six movies made up one big story. Hearing that all the time really made me wonder why the color scheme was different.

My wife got me one of the Paul Champagne boxes last Christmas, holds seven discs. Since it's only open on one side, I rotate the image every few weeks on the shelf so I only have to see the mismatched colors every few weeks at a time
Old 12-18-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by bboisvert
If you want a really nice piece for many boxed sets, Champagne's work is outstanding.