DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

generetic.org problem?

Old 11-29-05, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
generetic.org problem?

I have been able to go to generetic.org for a month now and have had no problem. For the past 2 days I keep getting "connection refused".
Is there a problem with the site?

Thanks

Randy
Old 11-29-05, 11:56 PM

Had a problem one day this weekend and was able to get back on. Didn't see any news about the server being down, etc. on the forums. Tonight I am again having the same problems as you. Hope things settle down over there soon. Hang in, that's all we can do!!!
Old 11-30-05, 08:56 PM

Still down tonight. Now I'm getting worried. Has anyone heard anything?
Old 11-30-05, 10:31 PM

I am a member at generetic too, and I am a little concerned about the whole downtime thing. But if you were a member a few months ago, the same thing happened for a while, and there was even a time where they ran out of HD space and nothing could be posted for a while. Nonetheless, they always come back stronger than ever, so hopefully this time is no different. Figures though, this is when I really am looking for some of the newer covers...Just hang in there guys.
Old 12-01-05, 04:13 PM

Gen is back up as of a few minutes ago
Old 03-04-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A blast from the past...

So I've been away from the site for quite a few months. When I tried logging in today, I get a message that says:

(almost done)

09/01/2008 - 90% done
03/01/2008 - Database restored

A quick Google search shows people calling the site a scam. I didn't have any problems early last year. Anyone have more details? How long has the site been down for database "issues"? Is it going to be permanent? Where are people moving to?
Old 03-06-08, 05:13 PM

It's been down since the beginning of January. For a few days it looked as if it would be coming back up, but I'm no longer optimistic.

People seem to be going all over the place. Quite a few sites have been offering some sort of break on subscription/fees to gen members. If you do a google search for generetic members you should come up with a few of them on the first page.

Hope that helps

Last edited by tristancol; 03-06-08 at 05:16 PM.