DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Did Anyone Get a Booklet with Desperate Housewives?

Old 09-24-05, 03:33 PM

Did Anyone Get a Booklet with Desperate Housewives?

I was disappointed to see no insert/guide/booklet in the DVD season set of Desperate Housewives, despite having a clear pocket for such. Did ANYONE get a booklet or did they just not provide one? If it was supposed to have one, does anyone know who I complain to so I can get it? Thanks. (I tried a search but couldn't find any definitive word, just some people saying they didn't get one.)
Old 09-24-05, 03:54 PM

I did get my insert for DH, but did not get one for Lost. I called Buena Vista's Customer Relations and they sent me one.

1-800-477-2811 customer relations
Old 09-24-05, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I got one for Desperate Housewives but still have not opened my Lost set....
Old 09-28-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No booklet here.. I got the Target version, and the bonus disc was too well glued on the back, so I got some of the sleeve printing ripped off slightly on the back of the case.
Old 09-29-05, 03:58 PM

Update: I called Best Buy and they said I could exchange the set for one with an insert. I explained that you can't tell if it has an insert without opening it, but they said they would open as many as they had to. Since I didn't want them to have to open a bunch of them unless I had no other option, and since it's really Buena Vista's fault not Best Buy's, I called the Buena Vista customer support number StimpsonJCat provided (thanks!) and they are going to send me an insert.

With as many anecdotal reports of missing inserts in Lost and Desperate Housewives as I've seen, I have to wonder what happened with Buena Vista's quality control.
Old 09-30-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I ended up calling the phone # posted a few posts up and they sent me an insert for DH.
Old 09-30-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got a booklet in both Lost and Desperate Housewives. Both were ordered from Amazon.
Old 10-04-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by reverie
No booklet here.. I got the Target version, and the bonus disc was too well glued on the back, so I got some of the sleeve printing ripped off slightly on the back of the case.
Bought mine at Target too and the bonus was stuck to the plastic season set cover. Used my fingernail to get the plastic cover clean, but the bonus disk case has the ink gone.

Mine didn't have the insert either, so I called the toll free # last week. Just received the insert in a good secured envelope. No bends, tares, cuts or creases on the insert.