Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Tommy Boy Holy Schnike Edition Slip Cover

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-05, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just opened up my Best Buy exclusive Tommy Boy SE DVD w/bobble head doll. I noticed two weird things about the slip cover and I'm wondering if anyone else ran into them:

First, on the back the UPC has been cut out of the slip cover.

Second, on the front flap where there is normally a velcro patch to hold it closed, I had a huge blob of glue. I had to pull really hard to get the flap open and now it won't really stay closed.

Are these issues present in all of the Tommy Boy slipcovers, just the Best Buy exclusive versions, or is mine messed up?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-05, 01:51 AM

I bought the same set up w/ the bobble from Best Buy and my case is missing the UPC and it has the same blob of glue instead of velcro (thought i was going to have to tear the case to open the flap it was glued so tight). Sort of a bummer, but whatever, I bought this for the movie and the free bobble, not the case. Also, I guess this effectively stops people from just returning the DVD and keeping the bobblehead as some have suggested in other areas of this site.
Old 08-31-05, 08:10 AM

The hole in the case is to prevent theft from people slipping a more expensive DVD in the case, probably when the DVD is released without the package is when this will be necessary. The Velcro I’ve heard of people buying Velcro and gluing it but I would just remove the blob of snot and be done with it.