Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Back to School custom for ya

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-05, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back to School custom for ya

This is the Italian poster art to replace the boring official cover. Added new spine font and 'Rogued' the quotes from the back and put pics in it's place. Suggestions would be rad, or if anyone wants it let me know.

Old 08-25-05, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good. I do the same with taking other country's posters and replacing the boring ones. Cool.
Old 08-29-05, 09:55 AM

That's very nice! Forgive a noob question, what are the mechanics of taking the poster and making this? Scanner? Does such a large scanner exist?
Old 08-29-05, 10:03 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
It looks like it's begging for some kind of slight border on the cover image; from a visual perception angle, I'm disquieted by how the sky just ends...
Old 08-29-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You need to color correct portions of the spine to make it better match the yellow of the back cover. You also need to fix where the paper fold is visible. And I disagree on the front - don't add a border - it looks good as is. I love those old '80s comedy posters with the cartoon drawings, I wish they'd bring those back more. The only recent ones I can think of that used that throwback style are Detroit Rock City and Wet Hot American Summer.
Old 08-29-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the feedback everyone,

The original image had a border on it. Didn't like the way the cover looked with it.

Joliom: Will fix the spine and I agree those cartooney posters are the best. Loved Wet Hot American Summer by the way.

Egon: I have no idea if a scanner that big exists. I certainly don't have one. I just got lucky and found a big enough image that I could work with. Now people do scan posters in sections and put them all together in photoshop or some other program.

Thanks again.