Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Question on designing custom covers

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have searched the forum and didn't find anything helpful so I apologize if this has been discussed already.

I have been capturing some b-grade sci-fi movies off the SciFi channel and mastering them to dvd for later viewing. I want to design covers for them but can't seem to get very good screen captures using PowerDVD.

There are very few (if any) pictures on the web....I have already looked.

I think my only bet is to pull pictures from the movie but the resolution and quality is crap. What is the best way to capture some pictures? Are any programs better than PowerDVD?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 04-11-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screen captures aren't really suitable for anything more than small to medium-sized pictures on your cover. You could try picking up some of the Bruce Hershenson movie poster books - he has several dedicated to classic Sci-Fi & Horror films - and scanning those. But before you do that you might want to check with both johnf14 and nausicaa - both of them make lots of custom covers for these types of movies including really obscure ones - they might be able to save you the hassle. Otherwise, try just throwing up a request thread and see if anyone has a custom cover or artwork they could hook you up with.