Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

i,Robot All-Access Collector's Edition - Cover Art

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Title: I, Robot
Starring: Will Smith
Released: 24th May 2005
SRP: $26.98

Fox Home Entertainment has also announced the two-disc collector's edition of I, Robot which stars Will Smith. This new set will be available to own from the 24th May, and should retail at around $26.98. The film itself will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen along with both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary by Director Alex Proyas and the Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman, a second commentary by Production Designer Patrick Tatopoulis, Editor Richard Learoyd and the visual effects crew and a third audio commentary by I, Robot composer Marco Beltrami. Also included will be a making of featurette, a few outtakes, a still gallery, a Post Production featurette, a Sentient Machines: Robotic Behaviour featurette, a About Science Fiction & Robots feature and another featurette entitled The Filmmakers’ Toolbox & Visual Effects. Completing the package will be extended and deleted scenes, trailers and a few eastereggs.

Last edited by redrum; 03-28-05 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-28-05, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm happy with the current release. No double dip for me.

John
Old 03-28-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by JSwarce

John
Same here.
I was curious to see if they came up with a cover that is even cooler than the original release,but the image isn't showing up in the original post.
Old 03-28-05, 10:09 PM

Maxflier:

You can see it over at The Digital Bits. They took the picture of Will Smith from the slipcover and the one of the robots on the disc jacket and combined them (one on top of the other) for the new cover. Looks lame...

John
Old 03-28-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The DVD market is getting so ridiculous....it is not even funny. There are tons of quality films that need to be released...yet titles such as this one keep on coming.

Pro-B
Old 03-28-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This one was expected, since it had a double disk release in other regions. I already got me the UK Region 2 double disker.

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
The DVD market is getting so ridiculous....it is not even funny. There are tons of quality films that need to be released...yet titles such as this one keep on coming.

Pro-B
Yep, and if only the revenue from these constant re-releases would be used to help subsidise getting the less popular movies on to DVD ...
Old 03-28-05, 11:20 PM

Awesome. I'm glad I didn't get the original release, and will definitely be picking this one up.
Old 03-28-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is another thread on this release and 2 other titles.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411265
Old 03-28-05, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This comes out on the same day with 2 disc versions of the day after tomorrow and man on fire - which also will contain free tickets for Fantastic 4 - everyone knew these would be out eventually, glad I held off and didn't get the bare bones versions!
Old 03-28-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I Robot, Man on Fire, Day after tomorrow: 2 Disc Collector's Edition
Old 03-29-05, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
It looks like the fifth element cover art that recently came out lol
Old 03-29-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

glad i didn't buy the first one, but happy to pick up the 2 disc-er.
Old 03-29-05, 06:27 AM

You know, one day they're going to run out of new ways to call "Collector Editions", "Special Editions" and "Anniversary Editions"...
Old 03-29-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I think the first release is good enough for me here.
Old 03-29-05, 09:10 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i am all over this along with the day after tomorrow since i did not purchase the first release.
Old 03-29-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not get a great 2-disc SE of one of my favorite director's films? Hell no! I knew this was coming, so I held out on the initial release.
Old 03-29-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist

Pro-B

I myself picked up a region free player just to get the 2 disc SE 6 months ago. Looks like it has all the same features. So no double dip for me.
Old 03-29-05, 10:23 AM
Banned

I may get this down the line, but not right away. If it had additional footage, then there'd be a little more incentive, but the additional disc and a few commentaries aren't enough to spring for a double-dip on release day.

Question is, when did the market suddenly turn from initially releasing 2-disc sets first and then later releasing single discers to now releasing a somewhat "bare bones release, and then a 2-discer later?
Old 03-29-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
Question is, when did the market suddenly turn from initially releasing 2-disc sets first and then later releasing single discers to now releasing a somewhat "bare bones release, and then a 2-discer later?
When they realized they could get more money in the long run.

Old way: 2-disc set comes out, all the fans buy it, and some people buy it on impulse. They later release the one disc set, and people who were on the fence buy it because it's cheaper, and the studio also gets some more impulse buys.

New way: 1-disc comes out, lots of sales from fans that need it now, less-informed consumers, and impulse buys. Later on, the 2-disc comes out, and you get more sales from fans and less-informed consumers.

I think this is their logic, but I could be wrong.
Old 03-29-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
When they realized they could get more money in the long run.

Old way: 2-disc set comes out, all the fans buy it, and some people buy it on impulse. They later release the one disc set, and people who were on the fence buy it because it's cheaper, and the studio also gets some more impulse buys.

New way: 1-disc comes out, lots of sales from fans that need it now, less-informed consumers, and impulse buys. Later on, the 2-disc comes out, and you get more sales from fans and less-informed consumers.

I think this is their logic, but I could be wrong.
Well, it won't work on my wallet.