Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Some things i hate about some DVD cases

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-05, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate the paper box DVD cases you can get with celebration DVDs if your are from the UK you are aware that the BBC bringing out this on there award winning shows such as 'the Office' and 'Little Britain'. These cases get damaged and fade over time. They then bring out the plastic box which is how tipically DVDs are presented , but they make us buy the first cardboard DVD saying its 'once its gone its gone'and that DVd won't be on sale again.

Another box cases are the ones which have a flap tap on them They are slim and mess up your collection if you have one of them next to standard boxes.

Secondly spine texted for example the spider man one DVd has a large name graphic on its spine , then the next spiderman Dvd has it in a smaller font so they misatch. This also is anoying me on colour cases going backwards and forwards from back or red box cases.

Paper labels when they are put in they fall to one side to when the case shuts the spine is harlf way on the front or back cover resulting on a creshe on the cover making the dvd look poorly made and become damaged when the paper label cover drops from the plastic cover so the paper is damaged.
Old 03-13-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yup!
Old 03-13-05, 05:57 PM

You'll find that your annoyances are shared among most of the people on this board. It's a frustrating world, but we all gotta live in it. Luckily tho, most "snapper" cases (the ones that you refer to as having a flap) those seem to be coming less and less common. Hopefully in time, the studioes will figure out what people like and what they don't like.

Kind of makes me wonder what the HD and Blu-Ray DVD cases will look like
Old 03-14-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't worry about the paper box cases (do you mean a sort of gatefold case) fading, but I don't like how they're designed. The BBC "HitchHikers Guide" DVD case is like that, and the fooking discs never seem to stay in the platters properly.
I don't like it when they have a digipack and then give you a paper case to put it in (which has the same design). Whats the point?
Old 03-14-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

At least you guys in Europe got plastic video cases back in the VHS era. We had to make due with shitty cardboard cases for virtually all of our tapes. Now I guess in the age of DVD, we're all in the same boat with snapper and digipak DVD cases still abounding. Warner Bros. seems to have gotten the message (except for releases with more than 2 discs), now if only Fox could be coaxed into abandonning digipaks for their 2-Disc Collector's editions...
Old 03-14-05, 10:49 AM

glad people agree

Wow thanks for the replys normally i have a view which no one seems to have a comment on . I have noticed there are diffrent DVD grips to help you open your dvd some are stupid because you open them tying not to damage the box then when it springs open the disks pops out ..maybe now i am nit picking or my expectations are to high.