Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Lost tv show dvd labels

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
I think they should go the George Lopez route and just go for 28 episodes.
Old 03-08-05, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Menu ?

Hey guys ... the covers are looking great !
But has anyone gone further and designed a menu for the dvd ?
I wanna put together a Menu screen, but i'm no where near as good as you guys, so i wanted to put the question up.

I can use NeroVision Express files, Encore data files, or a plan JPG of the dvd menu will be good enough, i can manouver the rest round to how i want it...

Hopefully someone can help, Thanks guys
Old 03-09-05, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by q1w2e3r4t7
Hey guys ... the covers are looking great !
But has anyone gone further and designed a menu for the dvd ?
I wanna put together a Menu screen, but i'm no where near as good as you guys, so i wanted to put the question up.

I can use NeroVision Express files, Encore data files, or a plan JPG of the dvd menu will be good enough, i can manouver the rest round to how i want it...

Hopefully someone can help, Thanks guys
I agree, a cool looking jpeg that could be used as at least a background in a menu would be really sweet...
Old 03-09-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

What resolution? I didn't make my menus, a friend burned them for me.
Old 03-10-05, 02:21 AM

PAL resolution is 720 x 576.

though the background picture can extend the full size, text must not be placed too closely to the edges because TV screens do not display everything.

Michael, do you prepare you graphics in Photoshop? if you do, and are willing to prepare menus as per your 3 episode per discs sets, i would love to get the file off you, or the jpeg if that's easier for you...

Thanks HEAPS mate.
Old 03-10-05, 06:08 PM
Cool New Member

I just did the following menu with 70 seconds preview thumbnail clips for the 3 episodes. Nothing fancy and certainly nothing even close what Michael produces.

Old 03-11-05, 01:14 AM

hey one2go ... is there anyway you can send me the files so that i can look ? do you mind ?

i can give you my ICQ or MSN details for transfer, and yes, i'm on cable.
Old 03-11-05, 09:45 AM
Cool New Member

The menu with the 70 second thumbnail preview clips is about 36 Meg and it is W.S. as you can see. I have used it in the DVD authoring software. In what authoring software do you plan to use it?
Old 03-18-05, 04:29 PM

hi one2go,
I would really appreciate it if i could get a copy off you, you stated that it was 30 meg, so either a msn or icq transfer would be best for me, and as i have cable that shouldn't take long.
What authoring software do i have ? i have encore.
Even if you end up sending me just the background it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by q1w2e3r4t7; 03-20-05 at 04:25 AM.
Old 03-20-05, 05:58 PM
Cool New Member

You can look and find many excellent background pictures including the one I use here.
Old 04-05-05, 09:03 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
yep. Anyone?
Regarding the additional 2 characters for the last cover of Lost Season 1. I have watched episode 19 and read about the remaining episodes and I believe that no new characters would be introduced. I don't know about the long 2 hour finale.

In any occasion just as a suggestion for the remaining two characters, how about the black woman that was sitting next to Jack in the airplane and later he had a chat with her on the beach. Then in addition how about Daniela the French woman that has been stranded for 16 years on the island.

Again many thanks to you as I am now the proud owner of a three disk slimline boxset of Lost. From all my other boxsets none give me as great a joy as the one wioth your covers and disk labels.

Here are the airdates for the remaining episodes. Note the finale grew into a two hour project and ABC decided to extend this final episode and keep it at two hours.

Season1
20. 1-20 119 06-Apr-2005 Do No Harm
Special
S-1 120 27-Apr-2005 Lost: The Journey (1hr special dedicated to linear presentation of 6 characters)
Season 1
22. 1-21 121 04-May-2005 The Greater Good
23. 1-22 122 11-May-2005 Born to Run
24. 1-23 123 18-May-2005 Exodus (1)
25. 1-24 124 25-May-2005 Exodus (2)
26. 1-25 125 25-May-2005 Exodus (3)

One2Go
Old 04-23-05, 02:21 PM

Lost Season 1 Dvd Covers

Comic Sans MSnavy

I need to download the First season's DVD COVER of "LOST" please send ma an address if anybody has it

regards
Old 04-23-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

should be able to get them here.
Old 04-23-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by one2go
Regarding the additional 2 characters for the last cover of Lost Season 1. I have watched episode 19 and read about the remaining episodes and I believe that no new characters would be introduced. I don't know about the long 2 hour finale.
There will be at least one new character added, who I believe is scheduled to be a regular for next season. I won't mention anything more because I don't want people crying "spoiler". Anyhow, for the last cover, I would like to see that character and either Vincent or Rosseau (sp) added.
Old 06-03-05, 03:57 AM

hey - i actually burned hr hdtv versions of the show, 6 eps per dvd + 25 and special.. you think it would be possible to make dvd covers for these (i believe im not the only person burning these

thanks!
Old 06-03-05, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mrQQ
hey - i actually burned hr hdtv versions of the show, 6 eps per dvd + 25 and special.. you think it would be possible to make dvd covers for these (i believe im not the only person burning these

thanks!
I might do a single case version that you could use.

I promise I will do the label tonight.
Old 06-04-05, 08:29 PM

First, let me say those covers and CD labels are absolutely stunning! I'd be amazed if the real series sets will look anywhere as nice.

But... what application are you using to print them with? I've tried Cover XP and Nero Designer and can't make them fit for the life of me. I've also bought new slimlines from Maxell and they won't work without a lot of trial and error.

Any insight as to the best program and cases for these to work with?

Any chances of making just one standard cover (with titles and CD numbers blank)?

Thanks!
Old 06-04-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just upped disc art for #8.

xenophobe, I print directly out of Photoshop, which doesn't help you at all. But, these covers are designed for a "double thinpak." Seach google and many-a-store will pop up that you can purchase them from.

As for printing, there are generally two methods:
#1 - Borderless printer
#2 - tape two sheets together, and set the printer to 8.5" x 14" legal size. It won't print on both but it will trick the printer into thinking it is a larger sheet.

As for the labels: for some reason, at some point my template changed sizes. Not sure why. You either have to shrink it about 10% or enlarge it 10%, I don' remember which.

That being said, I have a new Epson R200(borderless) and for the life of me I can't get it to work right. It enlarges my covers when I try and print for some reason, even though the "fit to page" is not checked. I'm baffled. So I am still fiddling with it to get it just right. I've never had to use the tape method with my previous Epson, but I guess I might have to.
Old 06-05-05, 05:51 AM
Cool New Member

The label is as brilliant as ever, thanks a lot Michael. Since many of my friends in the UK want to borrow the Lost disks, I modded one of your existing labels, but just couldn't get the Font for DISC EIGHT quite right. Looking at your label I noticed that you called episode 22 Deux Ex Nacina, when in actuality it is Born To Run. The numbering of the episodes has caused much confusion in the P2P community because the release groups seemed to follow TVTOME.COM's episode numbering rather then ABC's episode numbering.

TVTOME counted the special as episode 21 and so their finale was episode 25 and 26. Others didn't count the special but made two discs out of the finale and they numbered the finale 24 and 25. However ABC's Episode Listing has only 24 episodes Episode 23 is Exodus Part 1 and episode 24 is Exodus Part 2.

Sometime during the airing of the show ABC ordered 3 more episodes and when JJ Abrams presented the finale to them it was almost 90 minutes and he didn't want to cut anything and ABC agreed to air a two hour finale and adjust the ALIAS airing.

This is what I gathered from sites like thefutoncritic.com and the many comments on the P2P forums where total confusion ruled and some insisted there was a 25th episode.

Anyhow thank you again for the excellent work and I am now the proud owner of a superb Lost Season 1 Boxset being prominently featured on my shelf and in the UK it is in massive demands from friends.

On ebay Lost Season 1 DVDs are plentiful to get and all the major DVD resellers advertise Deperate House Wifes and Lost season 1 box sets now for release in September and give discounts on preorders. Wednesday the 25th when the finale aired 21 million tuned in for Lost and 29 million for American Idol. Lost did very well and it will be a long wait for Season two and a box set for season two, Nudge, Nudge, A nod is as good as a wink, you know what I mean
Old 06-05-05, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Actually, I was using TVTome's episode guide. They must have just changed it recently. Even as recent as last week when I did this last cover. Originally they numbered the Journey as "S1" and not an actual episode. I agree with this. There is zero new content and just a clip show that has no bearing on the plot whatsoever. It is a throwaway hour that I woun't consider an episode. I don't see why one would need it on DVD anyway if you have all the episodes. I mean if you are watching them in order on a dvd set, are you going to watch this? Nah. At any rate, I will see to the disc label.
Old 06-05-05, 05:27 PM
Cool New Member

TVTome fouled that one up royaly and it is not the first time that they have mislead the release groups and those that make covers.

Just finished watching the finale and it leaves many new open threads but I loved it. Looks like the man of science is going to lock horns with the man of faith, very interesting.
Old 06-07-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

updated and available.