DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Where to buy 2 DVD cases???

Old 01-15-05, 10:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy 2 DVD cases???

Hey all,

I was wondering where the best place was to pick up the double DVD cases from? I seem to be spending $2 each at the moment at my local store and am sure I could just buy the damn things in bulk online somewhere. I've tried ebay and all they have are the ones where the discs are on each side of the case. I want the amarays where there is a tray that snaps in the middle.

Anyone?
Old 01-15-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
genesysdtp

I just ordered a bunch of the cases other day. Can't beat 'em.
Old 01-24-05, 12:42 PM
Cool New Member

I have been extremely happy with these double DVD cases:

Click here to see Supermediastore's black dual DVD cases

Current cost appears to be $29.00, with free shipping, for a 100 pack. That works out to 29 cents per case. Only two weeks ago, the cost was 27 cents for the same thing. It does fluctuate fairly often.

If you can buy a 200-pack, you can get them even cheaper... right now. Only 16 cents each (!) -- but there is no "free shipping deal" on that offer. Warning -- the shipping on these can run a bit high, for 100 and 200 case boxes. So, go there, and let it calculate the shipping for you. They are located in California. I think I paid $12 to $15 to have a case of 100 shipped to me, once (in the Chicago area). That might bring this total cost on the 200-pack to perhaps 23 cents to 27 cents (?)

These cases are reasonably sturdy, and are the "standard sized" Amaray- style case. The center hubs seem reasonably strong (I have had some of my commerical center hubs break). The two DVDs are stored offset on the inside of the front and back covers (unlike those annoying center "flip" sleeves).

Note that these are NOT slimline cases. The same dealer does sell double cases in a slimline size.

Hope this is of some help.

-Bruce in Chi-Town

Last edited by BSpielbauer; 01-24-05 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-28-05, 05:50 PM

anyone know where to get the ones that most 2-discs come in? like the spiderman 2 case? i need some of those for custom covers
Old 01-29-05, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As far as I know, Master Shake, nobody sells those. They seem to be made just for the studios. I love those too. The hub on the flipper page is way better than the ones on the Amaray slim-doubles. I keep the trays from all of mine if the case is damaged and sub them into Amaray slim-doubles. The only way I know to get these is to snag the throw-aways at Blockbuster/Hollywood Video or scour Ebay. I just bought 120 from a guy on Ebay, in fact.
Old 02-04-05, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
genesysdtp

I just ordered a bunch of the cases other day. Can't beat 'em.
It took a little digging to find these on Genesysdtp's site, but I think this is what you're looking for.

Another source is Meritline. They don't give dimensions, but the description does say "Standard Case Size".
Old 02-25-05, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Hey all,

I was wondering where the best place was to pick up the double DVD cases from? I seem to be spending $2 each at the moment at my local store and am sure I could just buy the damn things in bulk online somewhere. I've tried ebay and all they have are the ones where the discs are on each side of the case. I want the amarays where there is a tray that snaps in the middle.

Anyone?

You should just buy them on ebay. They go for a penny, and people usually charge twenty bucks for shipping.
Old 02-25-05, 10:35 AM

Another Option
Old 02-25-05, 11:51 AM

if your blockbuster sells the cases 6 for $1 like mine, wait for a 2 disc SE to come out then look there. after last samurai came out I got 3 of them, inserts included