Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

www.cdcovers.cc/dvd

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-04, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.cdcovers.cc/dvd

I have used this site http://www.cdcovers.cc/dvd_t.php numerous times and I went on recently and had a ton of spyware downloaded onto my computer and a bunch of virus'. I have McAfee Virus protection and a firewall so I don't understand how this happened. Has anyone else had problems with this site? I have tried every spyware program out there and I am still having problems, there are a couple I can't get rid of! Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially if this happened to you and how you got rid of the spyware! Also I have no clue where to go for my DVD covers now!
Old 12-13-04, 04:41 PM

I've had the same thing happen to me. I rarely go there anymore. Now that I think of it, linking to the page that caused you so much trouble might just cause trouble for others. Just a thought.

Have you tried Ad-aware? It's free (lavasoft.com) and works great for me. Make sure you set it for "deep scanning".

Good luck!
Old 12-23-04, 04:13 AM

Do a search for a freeware program called CWShredder. It looks for dozens of variants of a nasty li'l trojan that originally locked in a lousy search engine called CoolWebSearch to the point where you could use no other search engines. Later variants replaced home pages, over-wrote cookies, etc. Excellent anti-spyware programs like Spybot Search & Destroy can't remove CWS variants, but CWShredder can -- works like a charm and it's free! Highly recommended.