DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Tombstone movie font????

Old 09-03-04, 01:29 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tombstone movie font????

Can anyone help me and tell me whats the name of the font for the Tombstone movie w/ Kilmer and Russel is? Or a site that has it the font or something very similar to it? Thanx in advance!
Old 09-03-04, 10:04 AM

Ever gone to Whatthefont.com? If you can scan in the font on the front, all you need to do is get a good contrasted image of 4 of the letters in the font, and then upload it as a 100 pixel high GIF image...it'll then tell you want the font is.
Old 09-05-04, 03:41 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks! I just tried that website and found out that the font is "MESQUITE". I tried to download it but I guess you have to pay for it.

This brings me to another question... How do you pay for and download fonts? Do you pay a monthly fee to use it? Do you pay the 20$ and thats it, you have it for good?

Also, is there a place to download this font for free or is it only for sale?
Old 09-05-04, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WOW! I never knew about that site, I gave it a few tests and it realy works... thanks for that website! How could I have missed that when I do so many covers?
Old 09-06-04, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by RogerSC
Thanks! I just tried that website and found out that the font is "MESQUITE". I tried to download it but I guess you have to pay for it.

This brings me to another question... How do you pay for and download fonts? Do you pay a monthly fee to use it? Do you pay the 20$ and thats it, you have it for good?

Also, is there a place to download this font for free or is it only for sale?
You pay the $20 and that's it - you have it for good. It usually comes as a zipped TrueType font file (sometimes several variations of the font will be included in the zip file like Bold, Narrow, Medium, etc.). Unzip it, and drop it into the Font folder (for Windows users you go Start > My Computer > C: Drive > Windows > Fonts). Once you add it to the Font folder it should be active and available for use with all your various programs.
Old 09-06-04, 02:52 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks JLyon and Joliom
Old 09-07-04, 02:43 AM
Suspended

Here it is if you need it still...

http://www.************.com/Mesquite.zip
Old 09-07-04, 09:40 AM

Rammsteinfan, you of ALL people! I can't believe you've never seen that. Well I'm glad I helped...it really is a great site.