Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Stickers on the darn dvd case

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 08-19-04, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, first off i would like to say i love the forum. I have been reading up on some movies here for a couple of days now and all i have to say is you guys are right on the money when it comes to reviewing movies. Very informative. Anway, my question is, yesterday i bought a couple dvd's from a "Mom and Pop's" type store and they covered the dvd case with a ton of price stickers. My question is what is the easyest way to get the darn sticky residue off of the dvd case after i remove the stickers? I have tried to soak them in hot water but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, i did try to use the search feature but it didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 08-20-04, 05:41 AM
Suspended

Get some GooGone, or you can put a small amount of vegetable or olive oil on the sticker, this will dissolve it.
Old 08-21-04, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WD-40.
Old 08-21-04, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Goo Gone or lighter fluid (the kind for refilling a cigarette lighter, not the kind to start your BBQ) are the only way to go when it comes to removing sticky/gummy residue. Apply a few drops on a cotton cloth/rag (an old t-shirt works great) and it rubs right off. No damage or discoloration. Can't be beat for this particular task.