DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

jayhawk407's cover site

Old 07-25-04, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jayhawk407's cover site

Does anyone have a link to his site? They said on DVDCA that he has like 5000 on there but DVDCA doesn't allow to post links to other cover art sites.
Old 07-26-04, 06:38 PM
Cool New Member

what about a search on google? i really need the covers too.
Old 07-26-04, 07:33 PM

I'd really be interested in this too if anyone knows
Old 07-27-04, 12:52 PM
Cool New Member

have you tried google yet? i'm not sure who this guy is, but if he has covers, i need them.
Old 07-27-04, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by pearsOfRE78
have you tried google yet? i'm not sure who this guy is, but if he has covers, i need them.
the only 'Google' that I came up with is the messages posted on DVDCA....

--David
Old 07-28-04, 01:59 AM
Suspended

You didnt hear this from me...

Spoiler:
the URL to the site is madvd.com, but since i'll most likely get chewed out for revealing it, I've chosen to apply a spoiler tag. If you know how to read this, here you go!
Old 07-28-04, 12:44 PM

Re: You didnt hear this from me...

Originally posted by Forum Troll
Spoiler:
the URL to the site is madvd.com, but since i'll most likely get chewed out for revealing it, I've chosen to apply a spoiler tag. If you know how to read this, here you go!
Spoiler:
How does one get refered or invited after signing up to get access to the files? I am confused on the info on the site,
Old 07-29-04, 01:28 AM
Suspended

Spoiler:
you have to register for the site, then an admin has to approve the registration. You can also beg for access in the forum, but that hardly seems worth it.
Old 07-29-04, 09:00 AM

They have since said that they only way to get on there to download covers is to be "refered...which takes it to being an exclusive club, which I thought was what they were supposed to be espousing against...I thought their party line was that covers were supposed to be available for anyone to download..

Pot, here's your kettle.
Old 07-29-04, 10:11 AM

I don't fully understand what is going on between the two sites.. and seemed to of started at DVDCA.

Is seems that somebody out there is creating custom covers
and posting them into the Internet either...
And then griping that they are not getting credit for creating the covers when they have been uploaded else where for others to have access to from more than one web site...

If these artists really wanted to keep their work private there are many ways to mark their work from watermarking images to not even uploading them to the net at all..... {I would suggest watermarking due to the fact that even with Java scripts images are placed into a system cache and can be 'grabbed off screen or from cache in many ways...}

Again this is a case of a few have ruined it for the many!!

--Just my point of view---

David
Old 07-30-04, 10:52 AM
Cool New Member

Location: Where football is king but would rather watch hockey.
jayhawk407's cover site

Not only do you have to be referred to gain access but you can only download if you upload covers as well or they will kick you out. So for those of us who can't make covers either because of lack of experience or software, we are SOL.
Old 07-31-04, 04:15 PM

Re: jayhawk407's cover site

Originally posted by TJettman
Not only do you have to be referred to gain access but you can only download if you upload covers as well or they will kick you out. So for those of us who can't make covers either because of lack of experience or software, we are SOL.
That's not how it is at the site in my signature... I've been called the "heir apparent" to DVDCA in another thread on this forum, and since the site resembles DVDCA in many regards, I would guess that is true... but anyhow... sign up, look around, we're small but growing, filling a void, and not looking for referrals (just compliance with Section 6 paragraph f. of the Terms of Service)
Old 08-01-04, 11:58 AM

to Dag's Site. It is a great place, just wish I could figure out how to post in the forums
Old 08-01-04, 01:43 PM

Agree with gore The Den is a great place just wish it had more cover but that takes time... Anyone got a scan/custom of Reno 911? It is one of the few that I have left that are cardboard and it sticks out to much .
Old 08-02-04, 04:34 AM

Originally posted by Gore_Hound_X
to Dag's Site. It is a great place, just wish I could figure out how to post in the forums
Registered user: head over to the forums and hit the "Reply" button in the topic pages, or "New Topic" on the forum index page in one of the categories.

Non-registered user: can only post in the "Suggestions & Support" category.
Old 08-02-04, 07:02 PM

Hey dagon,

I know that I have emailed you before about registering.
but what places do you accept email addresses from???
I only have yahoo and hotmail right now but am willing
to get another email address in order to gain access to your
site.
thanks
Old 08-03-04, 12:26 PM

Dagon's is the best...and a fair contender for "the best site since DVDCA"..Heir Apparent would fit that.

Jayhawk's site (if you want to know the link to it, and haven't figure out the spoiler tag, go here http://www.havencomm.com/~ccanary/bl...es/000849.html), well, I can't tell you how it is, as a bunch of us can't get in there...ah well. Think I'll be happier not to be associated there anyways...
Old 08-03-04, 04:43 PM

Thank you Peregrine... and also a relatively honest third-person perspective on things...

crystaldragon: The site is set-up to disallow emails from many of the free email providers, as a means of curtailing multiple accounts for the same person. Juno is allowed, but you would have to be able to receive the email to follow the Activation Link for your account.