DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

thinpacks

Old 07-04-04, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinpacks

hello

can anyone help me with some idiots guide information on how to make dvd covers to fit the thinpack cases ? i usually use coverxp but of course this new template is not in the lists for this program and the template editor asks for a bewildering number of dimensions when i thought only a couple would be needed ? ideally if anyone has inputted dimensions into the coverxp editor i would very much liek to know what they are please .
many thanks
Old 07-04-04, 07:56 AM

Re: thinpacks

Originally posted by emored
hello

can anyone help me with some idiots guide information on how to make dvd covers to fit the thinpack cases ?.....
You can download a PDF with all the sizes listed at "'Sleeve City'" and at " 'TapeAndMedia.Com'".

--David
Old 07-04-04, 08:39 AM
Banned

Ive never used any canned product for making covers but I can give you pixel dimensions if you like ...

Thinpak Single: 3150 x 2175 @300dpi
Thinpak Double: 3180 x 2175 @300dpi
Old 07-06-04, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've converted nearly all of my collection, and what I do is resize the spine to 80 x 2175. Then the front and rear are both 1535 x 2175. I copy and paste them onto a new canvas(in paint shop pro) that is 3172 x 2175(since the double thinpak spine is 102 x 2175. ) as a new layer. That way, I can do either doubles or singles without changing the canvas, and it will print correctly either way. Just reconnect the spine to the front and back, merge it, and you should be able to print it correctly. I also make sure that in the dimentions that I keep the ratio and make sure the width is 10.6 inches. Most of my covers have turned out okay.

Sometimes, I've had to edit the spines just a little so that stuff isn't squished so badly, but the more I've been doing it, the easier it is.

robyn
Old 07-06-04, 01:27 PM

still trying

many thanks for the response and advice :-) i cant figure why my brain cant get round this project easily , you have offered much that will help i am just hoping i can find the missing bit that somehow makes my head go into gear on this one , trouble is i have got used to the does it all ease of coverxp and this is a whole new ball game for me i have no idea what to do , but i will keep trying , if you ever get time and patience id appreciate as detailed step by step idiots guide ( me being the idiot every time ) right from the beginning , what programs andmenu options etc , however i will keep trying i have to find away to be able to put covers on these cases .. cheers
Old 07-14-04, 07:41 AM
Banned

I've found that 3172 (102 spine) is short - Thats why I went with 3180 (110 spine)
Old 07-14-04, 01:57 PM

does anyone have a photo of thier collection after it has been converted to thinpack?
I'm thinking about doing this but it will be a costly and time consuming task so I want to be sure I will be happy with the results.
Old 07-14-04, 02:29 PM

i know i did a google last week on thinpacks and someone had pictures of their normal dvd cases at the side of the replacing thinpack ones ..
Old 07-14-04, 03:32 PM

http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/thinpaks.shtml
Old 07-14-04, 04:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by fender69
does anyone have a photo of thier collection after it has been converted to thinpack?
I'm thinking about doing this but it will be a costly and time consuming task so I want to be sure I will be happy with the results.
Here's a link for you (not my collection):

Anime on DVD

Very impressive results... he saved a ton of space and the thins look way cooler than standard keepcases.
Old 07-31-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by JupiterPrime
I've found that 3172 (102 spine) is short - Thats why I went with 3180 (110 spine)
hmmmm. I'm looking at my covers, and I can't say that I've had that problem. Most of my problem children tend to be the double thinpaks. the spine would be too big, the front wouldn't fit, then the spine would be off-set. Annoyed thecrud out of me. Perhaps toward the end, I started getting better at it.

r