DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   Michael Corvin VI: The Wrath of Eisner (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/370351-michael-corvin-vi-wrath-eisner.html)

big al 1983 06-22-04 04:56 AM

Michael,

I have never considered having these covers... until now!

When you showed them all lining up, I thought wow! That's what all the fuss is about!

I think that I have about 25-28 Disney Classics (not sure!)

Wag 06-23-04 03:14 PM

I second, third, and forth the sentiments of everyone, I love these covers. In fact, Michael's cover were the main reason I submitted covers to DVDCoverart, so that I could build up enough credits to download the whole set. Unfortunately (though I had more than enough credits! dammit dammit dammit) to download the entire series, I only replaced a few of the double discers (Snow White, Lion King, Sleeping Beauty, et al) before the site went on hiatus.

I too would like to know what Michael's future plans are for the rest of the covers since the all my other Disney DVDs look enviously at my readorned discs and scream "get me out of this Disney designed horseshit!"

Gore_Hound_X 06-24-04 08:24 PM

Hey MC, any chance we might get a sneak peek at the Pixar Collection? Since the Disney Collection is more or less done. Disney is done with "Hand Drawn" classic style animated features, so I assume you will alter your collection to "Digital Classics" or something when they start producing there 3D CGI movies (sans Pixar) if your still around by then.

mattm58 07-14-04 12:01 PM

Michael,
how many covers were in this set? Somebody posted about 30 or so to the newsgroup, but I thought there were a lot more.

Michael Corvin 07-14-04 12:38 PM

42, is the number of films. No one but me has access to Bambi, Cinderella, Aladdin and HotR. That would make 38 + the Fantasia Legacy disc. + a second version of Hercules. Grand total of 40.

Which newsgroup? I wish someone would just ask first. Did they give me credit?

B4Bishop 07-14-04 01:24 PM

man oh man, these are brillant and beautiful. On with the distribution. They should hire you for their art.

qasic 07-14-04 06:10 PM

alt.binaries.dvd-covers

Gore_Hound_X 07-14-04 06:39 PM

Hey Micheal, have you decided where you might host these? I know a few of the dvdca guys have there own sites now and didn't know if you were in contact with any of them about hosting your covers. I still wanna get your Apollo 13 & Pitch Black:COR covers and would like to get all 42 Disney covers at one time (since you changed the spines to align better). Also are you gonna change the covers since Disney is all CGI now? or are you just gonna continue on with the Animated Classics (which doesn't fit will with CGI, imo)

TJettman 07-14-04 07:14 PM

Why not list them on DaProgger. They have alot of covers that are really good but the custom work is lacking there. Covers of this magnitude must be shared.

The Luggage 07-15-04 07:35 AM

DaProggers have also removed Disney.

Scaramanga 07-15-04 07:44 AM

How come there are still so many on the site then ?

Besides ... Putting them up their doesn't do em justice in my opinion ... too much subpar work on it.

The Luggage 07-15-04 09:16 AM

Originally posted by Scaramanga
How come there are still so many on the site then ?

Besides ... Putting them up their doesn't do em justice in my opinion ... too much subpar work on it.

Don't know, but the one time I looked at their forum (right after DVDCA went down) they said that they were removing them.

Agree 100% with your comments on the quality of the site.

Michael Corvin 07-15-04 09:23 AM

I asked a couple of times to have them removed and he does. The problem is that anyone can upload anything and he doesn't really watch the flow of what is going on the site.

And yes, some aresub par there.

I'm open to any other suggestions. The den won't host 'em either. Keeping themselves out of hot water. I can understand. I just want to find somewhere where I can share them conveniently at a consistent quality.

Scaramanga 07-15-04 09:28 AM

I've been considering of making my own site to host a selection my own covers (the ones I still consider worthy of being seen and used by others)

Biggest problems are money and time ... in the end it comes down to the fact I'm not gonna start paying heavy money to host a few covers which will no doubt get massive download numbers.

It's a difficult situation :(

B4Bishop 07-15-04 03:20 PM

I have a server you guys (Scaramanga, Michael Corvin) can host your stuff for free. If you're interested let me know and I'll give you the info. You wouldn't have to pay for bandwith. Or maybe use it like an FTP instead of a website (I like this idea better) because you can use a user name and password type of deal. Either way it's on a T1 backbone. Give me a holla.

Yes, I know you do not know me, but I'll give you the info and you can have a look around.

Wag 09-09-04 12:16 PM

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, being that the last post was almost two months ago. But I figure if any needed an update it was this thread! hehe

Just wondering if there has ever been any kind of decision on whether to host these awesome covers anywhere? Or does anyone know of any way to get them?

I love the original poster art, and the simplicity of the covers. I would really like to finish the whole series. I have all the animated movies, but only replaced about 6 of the covers before dvdcoverart exploded. If you want to reply, but not in a public forum (totally understandable), please email me at the link above! Thanks.

Tarantino 09-09-04 10:01 PM

Corvin is one talented fuck.

:)

Artur Meinild 09-13-04 04:08 AM

Wow, that Aladdin cover is absolutely awesome! I'll contact you on email re: getting the covers! :)

Chrisedge 09-29-04 01:28 PM

Why not torrent them? Michael, how many megs is the whole lot?

Michael Corvin 09-30-04 02:54 PM

Each cover is over 3MB each. They are currently hosted on Studio Publicity. I have an inbox of two dozen emails I haven't had time to reply to yet. So there is a scrap of info for those looking for them.

Unfortunately, SP is referral only to keep the riff-raff out. Sorry. I'll have to get in touch with Bishop above to see about public hosting in the future.

Green Jello 09-30-04 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Each cover is over 3MB each. They are currently hosted on Studio Publicity. I have an inbox of two dozen emails I haven't had time to reply to yet. So there is a scrap of info for those looking for them.

Unfortunately, SP is referral only to keep the riff-raff out. Sorry. I'll have to get in touch with Bishop above to see about public hosting in the future.

So,...does that mean we can get them from you or not?

RogerSC 09-30-04 06:08 PM

Those are some bad ass covers. I especially like the Snowwhite, Bambi (REALLY like the classic look of it) and Aladdin covers.

Michael Corvin 10-01-04 07:43 AM

First, thanks for the compliments. Unfortunately if I were to email covers, that would be a full time job. I get about 5-10 emails/requests a day(ranging from 1 cover request to all of them). I try and at least respond to most of them if not all of them.

Second, with all the trouble with DVDCA, emailing covers would not be in my best interest not knowing anyone from Adam. One of those emails could very well be from someone working for Disney. Just gotta lay low and play it safe for awhile.

JJE-187 10-03-04 05:48 PM

Hey MIchael, did you update your Alice & Mulan covers to the 2-Discers yet?

Also do you happen to have a preview of 1 of your Pixar covers? I haven't seen any yet and wondered if I wanna update my collection to yours

Randy810 10-03-04 06:25 PM

How do you get referred to Studio Publicity?