Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Ghost in the Shell: Original Poster Request

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 06-14-03, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the tried and true sites have turned up nothing (ones in the info thread) as well as many google searches.

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime/gits/index.html
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...GHOSTINSRP.jpg

I want to make a nice cover which I will share with everyone who wants it
Old 06-14-03, 11:13 PM
Cool New Member

best i could do..

http://mr2k.3dvf.com/graph/outside_3...gits_da_hd.jpg

http://www.walkerspace.com/images/anime/gits_poster.jpg
Old 06-15-03, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll make do! thanks friend!
Old 06-15-03, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The color and contrast in the first one is good... but look at that background! I want a totally white background, so can't imagine the clean up I'd have to do with it!

The second one has bad contrast, and not so great color, I've worked with it, trying to fix it up, but have been totally unable to...

Both are only half the size needed for a 300bpi cover... so it's doubtful this will ever make it on DVDCoverart... or course, it is a drawing, not a still image, and so a little blurring isn't a huge deal to me...

The actual text on both is unusable... I know I can't fix it. Maybe I'll make my own if I figure out the font (similar to Times New Roman... I'll have to give whatthefont a crack at it.)

Well, I'll keep trying.
Old 06-16-03, 03:02 PM

I doesn't look like it would take that much time making the background completely white on that first one. It's definitely the best image of the ones post as well.
Old 06-16-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You're right. It wasn't too bad. I've done the front, now I'm working on the back.
Old 06-20-03, 11:42 AM

Looking forward to a good GITS cover!
Old 06-20-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's almost done. I'm just being lazy about it. It's been almost done for a couple days, I'm just messing the the studio logos. I also want to print it, but I have no damn tape in the house, or legal sized paper... I'm not posting it without a test print.
Old 06-20-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All done. Here's some pictures.

I have no where to upload it to, I'll try DVDcoverart later, but they like things to be super quality. The skin tones are slightly grainy though (nothing you notice when you print off, but still.)

It's on Kaaza as "GitS-cst.zip" (or you can search for BizRodian, as I'm listed as the author) a few people seem to be downloading it for some reason or another...

I can also email it to people, it's about 2megs... but it might be a few hours before you get any response.
Old 06-20-03, 11:53 PM

Please email me, it looks great!
Old 06-21-03, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Done. Submitted it to DVDcoverart too. We'll see...
Old 06-21-03, 04:08 AM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

I too would like to check it out. Don't send it to my listed email, hotmail will reject an attachment that large. Send it to duz at dq5studios dot com
It should go thru fine there. I could host it there too if you want.
Looks good from the snaps you took.
Old 06-22-03, 12:24 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks great biz
Here it is for anyone that wants it
Old 06-24-03, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank you duz, and thank you for hosting.

I just realised there's kind of nudity (though technically... she's a machine... she's animated... and maybe I could stretch it and say it's possible she's wearing her skin tight outfit which allows her camo, since there's no coloring on the nipple... but that's pushing it.) so maybe DVDcoverart wont host it. That would suck though.

Glad people like it.
Old 06-24-03, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Biz. it's a little blurred on the detail when it's printed out - but otherwise, nice work all round.

Perhaps, if you REALLY wanted a DVDCoverart hosting, you could draw in some obscuring wires and cables... it'd go against the idea of "original poster art", but perhaps you could include the original poster version in the zip file.

I know a person got nude Lara Croft winamp skins onto 1001winampskins.com by doing that... I thought it was funny...
Old 06-24-03, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since it's a non photo realistic drawing, I didn't think the bluring was a huge deal, but I'm sorry if you were disapointed in that area.

Nah, I'm not going to alter the cover to remove a drawing of a nipple... I find the lack of destinction between non sexual nudity and sexual nudity in our society is silly. I think if you're old enough to use a computer to download and print off a custom DVD cover for an adult aimed movie, then you better damn well know what a nipple looks like and not be offended by it.

If DVDcoverart doesn't want to put it up for that reason, that is their decision.
Old 06-24-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by BizRodian
Since it's a non photo realistic drawing, I didn't think the bluring was a huge deal, but I'm sorry if you were disapointed in that area.

Nah, I'm not going to alter the cover to remove a drawing of a nipple... I find the lack of destinction between non sexual nudity and sexual nudity in our society is silly. I think if you're old enough to use a computer to download and print off a custom DVD cover for an adult aimed movie, then you better damn well know what a nipple looks like and not be offended by it.

If DVDcoverart doesn't want to put it up for that reason, that is their decision.
I personally dont find the image a problem, but I can see how it would open the door for more graphic (anime or not) nudity down the road. Then there would be an argument as to what is or isnt offensive and all that. For that reason alone I could see them not hosting it for that, which is a shame, but I dont make those decisions. I'm not saying it will be rejected, but if it was I could inderstand it.
I could see if we hosted that one we would end up getting customs of Angelina Jolie nude for Tomb Raider. (dont laugh because I actually rejected one months ago.)
We wont host Adult film covers either. I think Matt and Shaun want to keep it pretty clean for hosting images, but I dont want to speak for them....
I like the cover very much BTW..
Old 06-24-03, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I understand. I wouldn't be offended if it wasn't approved or anything. Since it's the original poster art though, I think that's where the line would be... like the Jolie nude you rejected. I guess it's a slippery slope, espically with anime since there are works with sexual nudity out there.

It's such a tiny tiny thing, I didn't even realise until when I posted that it might be an issue. Hmmm, I have that poster in my house, I wonder what my parents think :O

To me, it's actually much much less explicit than the original DVD cover, which was just a bunch of cleavage with no real "emotion" behind the picture. I feel close to this picture because it fits the mood of the character so well.

I think that the nudity might be part of a "fan service" but I think it works because it shows a lot of the character here... compaired to something like the trailer for Charlie's Angel which is obvious to me as being all T&A with no substance.

I guess it could be considered all subjective though.
Old 06-30-03, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see that it's been accepted...

http://www.dvdcoverart.com/dvdcovera...em.php?id=5095

Nicely done!
Old 09-14-04, 11:36 AM
Cool New Member

That cover turned out great! Is there any other way to get it other since the site went down?