Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

I need some snapper conversions.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone help me out? I have requested some at DVD coverart, but with the thousands of requests they may never get uploaded.

Anyway here is what I am looking for:
Pale Rider
Outlaw Josey Whales
Heartbreak Ridge
The Dead Pool
Sudden Impact

All snapper scans from the brown Clint Eastwood Collection.

Thanks to anyone that can upload these. Thanks Randy B A
Old 06-10-03, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have all of those except Heartbreak Ridge. I'll try to get to them in the next few days (if no one else beats me to it that is).
Old 06-11-03, 01:20 AM

Cool, that would be great. Thank you very much. Randy B A
Old 06-12-03, 09:22 PM

Anybody have the heartbreak ridge clint eastwood coolection snapper that they could upload to dvd-coverart.

thanks in advance Randy B A
Old 06-15-03, 04:57 PM

Randy, I haven't forgotten about you, but the last few days turned out to be busier than I expected work-wise. I'm off tomorrow, though, so I should be able to get those Eastwood covers done for you then.
Old 06-15-03, 08:06 PM

Thanks, But it's not a huge rush since the dv-depot printing service is off line for now. I don't know if anyone else does a printing service?
Old 06-23-03, 07:53 PM

The print out service is back on line. Does anyone have the Heart break ridge Eastwood collection scan? I like the custom one that is on there, but I am trying to have all my eastwoods match up.

Thanks Randy B A
Old 06-24-03, 02:07 PM

Randy, sorry it has taken so long. I decided rather than just scan the covers, I would create an Eastwood Collection template from scratch. This way everything will match perfectly and all the text and logos will be razor sharp. It also serves my needs nicely since I have a bunch of Clint movies in my collection that I need to convert to keepcases as well. In any case, I have the template finished and can now just insert the appropriate pics and text for each film. I should have those all ready for you by tomorrow. I'm going to do all the Dirty Harry films, so if you want the other 3 also (so all 5 will match up perfectly), just let me know. Incidentally, would you prefer I email the covers directly to you, or upload them at DCA as expedited request fulfillments?
Old 06-25-03, 12:55 AM

All of them would be cool. Uploaded to DVDca since I have to use the print out service. Thanks for your work on this. were you able to get Heartbreak Ridge and Outlaw Josey Whales as well?

Do I need to request the others from the DH series on the site? I did not origionaly request them because they already had one version on thier site.

Thanks Randy B A
Old 06-25-03, 05:13 AM

I have The Outlaw Josey Wales, but I don't have Heartbreak Ridge. If you (or someone else) could send me some good scans of the HR cover, then I could whip that one up for you too. If you want to put in requests for the other 3 Dirty Harrys, I can always use some more credits at DCA.
Old 06-25-03, 11:39 AM

I will request those right now. I forgot abought pale rider from my origional post also. I don't know how to do the scan for heartbreak ridge. If anyone could help me out with this I would be very greatful.

Will these match the brown Eastwood collection snappers? Decause I already have the one for Unforgiven.
Old 06-25-03, 11:57 AM

OK those are requested. I was also checking out some of my other requests and I notised that I had requested a Superman 4 cover to match the black covers that you did for the other superman titles. Any chance of getting that one?

Thanks Randy B A
Old 06-26-03, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by randyba
I don't know how to do the scan for heartbreak ridge. If anyone could help me out with this I would be very greatful.
Actually, if it's easier I could just take the pics from off of edmcanuck71's custom cover at DCA and apply them to my template.

Will these match the brown Eastwood collection snappers? Decause I already have the one for Unforgiven.
The answer to that is yes and no. I couldn't figure out how to replicate the background pattern of the originals in any simple way. I messed around with a variety of pattern fills, but none of them worked right. I'm sure there is probably an easy way of doing this that has escaped my meager mind, but since I couldn't make it from scratch I had to basically paint it in with the clone brush instead. The result is that they have the same "look" as the original snappers, but the background pattern does not match up exactly with the originals. So the covers look essentially the same as the originals, but if you examine the background patterns you will see differences. Of course to an extent this is also true of other Eastwood Collection conversions as well. In order to convert the snapper scan to keepcase dimensions the cover artist has to increase the spine size, so at the very least you should see differences there. And if the artist took the time to realign the front cover (since snappers leave extra space on the right side for the plastic flap) or to get rid of the fold lines along the spine, then some cloning work would be necessitated there as well. Unless the artist is just exceptionally skilled then chances are some differences in the background pattern will be evident. There is an upside and a downside with either method of designing these covers (direct scan vs. from-scratch template). The drawback of the template method is that there are more noticeable differences in the background pattern then there would be with a direct scan. The benefit is that the text and logos are ultra clean and sharp compared with the inevitable fuzziness of a scan. In any case, I'll let you be the judge. If you don't like them I can always whip up some direct scans for you instead. If you do like them, and want all your Eastwoods to match up perfectly, I can always make others using the template. Unforgiven would be very easy to do, I could use elements from my Special Edition set.

OK those are requested. I was also checking out some of my other requests and I notised that I had requested a Superman 4 cover to match the black covers that you did for the other superman titles. Any chance of getting that one?

Thanks Randy B A
As with Heartbreak Ridge, I do not have Superman IV in my collection. I could use the pics from the one on DCA (which look a little dark to me in the large preview window) or else someone would need to email me a scan of the front and back.
Old 06-26-03, 06:43 PM

Whew, sounds like a lot of work. I think they will be very good. I have the Snapper for the Superman 4, But I don't know how to scan and send it to you. Also My computer has been having problems for a while, so some of these aplications cause it to crash. Thanks for all the work you put into this. Randy B A
Old 06-27-03, 11:41 AM

Have you read the scanning/printing tutorial on DCA? That should tell you about everything you need to know. But even so, I don't need a cleaned up ready-to-go scan, just a raw unedited one will do fine. I can do the Gaussian blur, color correction and touch-up work myself. Just scan the whole cover at 600dpi (or 300 if your computer can't handle the bigger size) and email it to me at [email protected]. I can receive emails of up to 20mb in size so if the scan exceeds that just open it in whatever image editing software you have and select 'Save As', select 'Options', and set the compression factor to its lowest setting; then save it and it should now be between 2-10 mb in size. Just make sure that when you scan it you have the sharpening and descreen functions turned off and that the DVD cover and scanner bed are not dirty (a little Windex can save a lot of touch-up work).
Old 06-27-03, 10:30 PM

I will give it a try on monday or tuesday.
Old 07-14-03, 07:45 PM

Jolium, The scan of TOJW's looks good.

I was not able to do the scans for those covers. B ut somebody did a upload of heartbreak Ridge. I don't know if you can use the existing scan of Superman 4 to do a custom.
Old 07-15-03, 08:19 PM

I can definitely do Heartbreak Ridge. Superman IV, I am not happy with the quality of the scan - it looks very dark to me. After I finish with the other Eastwoods, I'll give that one a shot. I'm sure someone in the community can probably hook me up with a good quality scan.
Old 07-16-03, 01:34 PM

Cool, I am looking forword to getting all those Eastwoods. Still on my list is the Dirty Harry series and Pale Rider besides Heartbreak Ridge. The OLJW looked great. Thanks for all the effort you put into this. Randy B A
Old 07-26-03, 12:32 AM

How are those Eastwood collection covers cmming along? I am anxious to see them.
Old 09-15-03, 02:15 AM

I got the cover for TOLJW great work on that one. How are the rest of those comming along? Thanks Randy B A
Old 11-05-03, 01:13 PM

Hi Jolium. How are those Clint Eastwood covers Going?

These are next on my list of snappers to convert.

Thanks Randy B A
Old 11-12-03, 05:59 AM

Hey Randy. I'm almost done with Pale Rider and should have that ready by next week. I'm currently completing my MA (one of them, anyway) and have been a little overwhelmed. Anyway, I have a research paper due next Tuesday that demands my immediate attention, but after that I should have a few days to myself. I still need a scan of the back cover of Heartbreak Ridge, though. If you could get me that, I could have that ready by next week also (I did a lot of it already from scratch). When I have more free time, I would like to play around with Any Capture Screen and replace all of the screen caps on the back covers too. For now, I'm just using the ones from the original covers.
Old 11-12-03, 10:40 AM

Hi Joliom, Nice to hear from you. You sound pretty backed up.

I am not set up to do scans. The best I could do is send you my snapper case. In the mean time I printed out a scan of Heartbreak ridge, but I did not know it was region 2 cover until I got it. Pale Rider and the Dirty Harry films are the onle ones I have left to convert of my Eastwoods. But I will also redo HR with a region 1 cover. LMK if you need me to send that snapper case to you or if you have another way of getting it.

Thanks, Randy B A
Old 11-13-03, 06:42 AM

When I get Pale Rider completely finished I'll throw up a thread to see if anyone here can hook me up with that HR rear cover scan. Someone must have it, and it seems like a lot more trouble than it's really worth to have you mail me yours. I might even buy the DVD myself (not just to get the scan, but because I wouldn't mind actually having that movie).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.