DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

My Works In Progress...

Old 01-25-03, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Works In Progress...

Ok.

So I thought i'd start this thread listing covers that i'm working on/scans that i've done.
I'm not really as proficient when it comes to "custom" covers as some of the other fantastic artists here are [JoeyOhhhh, ChrisK, darthvong, etc...], but i'm making it up as I go along...

Here's some samples:

This is my first true custom cover.
As you can see, I haven't done much since this was first posted in the old ORDC&C threads.

I'm still looking for some hi-res muppet pics to fill the back...

Here's my most recent scan.
The spine was a MAJOR b*tch, so I just replaced it with the purple from the back.

Here's the Grease cover I did.
I cleaned up the background [But left the old fashioned Paramount logo in the corner]

Here's one I just finished.
Man, did the cover that WB put on it annoy the hell outta me.
But thanks to Yocke [who found it] and ChrisK [who cleaned it up], i'm finally able to get rid of Warner's snapper.
BWAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by Rogue588; 01-30-03 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-25-03, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That Muppet Movie cover looks like its gonna kick ass when its finished.
Old 01-25-03, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
Rogue588

I feel the same way you do about WB's cover for GREASE. I think your cover is superb and used the link provided to download it - it is unavailable. Is this this a glitch on my end?

Thanks

Randy
Old 01-25-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Those are really good Rogue! Keep up the good work!!!!
DV
Old 02-08-03, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Hey guys.

Just put together some new covers.

Using alternate poster and DVD back cover [but withOUT that annoying critic quote], here's Return To Neverland.

And Atlantis: the Lost Empire. I couldn't find the original cover [that came with the DVD], so I had to scan the custom cover that I replaced it with...

Oh yeah...I have a question...

Does anyone know what FONT they use for the numbers at the bottom of the spine?
Also, if anyone has any Disney logos they can send my way, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 02-08-03, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

1. Have you thought of a matching white spine for the Grease cover?
2. How about a custom back for the Grease cover also - with select scenes from the film?
3. For Muppet Movie back pix, how about screen captures of scenes from the film? Do you have a DVD-Rom drive and Power DVD? I can do captures for you if needed.
4. For the Muppet Movie spine, how about a continuation of the same sky blue color as on the front?
Old 02-08-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That Atlantis cover is amazing. I've never seen that poster before. I will defintely be upgrading the one I got off dvdcoverart to yours when it's available. Did you consider using the teaser poster for RTN
Old 02-08-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Disc-Flipper
1. Have you thought of a matching white spine for the Grease cover?
2. How about a custom back for the Grease cover also - with select scenes from the film?
3. For Muppet Movie back pix, how about screen captures of scenes from the film? Do you have a DVD-Rom drive and Power DVD? I can do captures for you if needed.
4. For the Muppet Movie spine, how about a continuation of the same sky blue color as on the front?
Some answers...

1 I hadn't thought about that...i'll give it a shot.
2 See #3.
3 Screen caps could definitely work. Unfortunately, at this time at least, I have neither one. Which is why i've put out a couple requests for hi-res pics but I haven't found any, nor has anyone suggested any. That would be appreciated.
4 I'll see how the sky blue looks...
Originally posted by JJE-187
That Atlantis cover is amazing. I've never seen that poster before. I will defintely be upgrading the one I got off dvdcoverart to yours when it's available. Did you consider using the teaser poster for RTN
I hadn't thought about it. If I could find a hi-res copy, i'd try give it a shot.
Old 02-08-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 302 Likes on 221 Posts
Rogue,
Where did you get that pic for Atlantis? That rocks. I've always got input though. Why not make the whole front and spine black? Use the same logos and all just make the bg all black? I pulled the .jpg from here and fiddled with it just to see what it looks like. It looked pretty good.

Nevermind on where to get the pic. I just found it from a link in another thread. I might have to use this on my Disney series. I hope you won't be offended. It is a beautiful piece of work.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 02-08-03 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-09-03, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree with Michael. I think a black spine for Atlantis might look better, but it still looks damn good!

DV
Old 02-10-03, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

*SIGH* Houston...We Have A Problem...

While i'm not Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel when it comes to technology, i'm no Stephen Hawkins either.

Lemme explain.

Six days ago, I came across THIS thread. Since I was in the market for a new monitor [To get rid of my clunky, old one] & this was at a GREAT price, I decided to grab it.

So...a couple days ago I hook it up. I install the drivers. And everything's set. My Trish desktop looks fine. All the colours look fine. Everything's fine.

Then I go to run Photoshop. It Loads up. I click ctrl+O to open my Atlantis cover to try out darthvong & Michael Corvin's suggestion about the spine. It opens.

It is SO dark I can't see ANYTHING. [Not the ENTIRE cover, just where Milo & the gang are.] But, even on the rest of the cover...i'd be able to tell where the clone stamp didn't match up. I can't tell ANYTHING here. I did the Return To Neverland cover using this monitor. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rejected since I got rid of some critic's quote on the back and the surface might not match up.

I know what you might be saying...it's not the brightness. In fact, I have it on 77 out of a possible brightness of 100. Hopefully, i'm going to go to Best Buy tomorrow and see what the tech drones there have to say. I'm sure it's something really simple that I don't know about...

But, we'll see...

Until then...my custom cover shack is closed.

Old 05-29-03, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did you ever do more work on that Muppet Movie cover???
I'd like a copy of it. Another user has requested something similar on DVDCoverart.
Old 06-06-03, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: *SIGH* Houston...We Have A Problem...

Originally posted by Rogue588
It is SO dark I can't see ANYTHING. [Not the ENTIRE cover, just where Milo & the gang are.] But, even on the rest of the cover...i'd be able to tell where the clone stamp didn't match up. I can't tell ANYTHING here.
Just a thought, did you re-run the Adobe Gamma program? That might explain why it gets so dark in Photoshop, but not the desktop.
Old 01-14-05, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

well, finally fixed the problem.

however, still don't have the time.

And though I really want to finish the Muppet Movie cover, I was told that the original resolution was WAY too low. So, one day when I had some time, I printed the original picture and then scanned it. And, well, take a look...

Here's the original:

Now, here's the thing. I have NO IDEA what I should put on the back. My photochopping skills are nowhere near as advanced as Darth Vong's or Michael Corvin's...so, perhaps someone could help out? If not, it's no biggie. I'm in no rush.

Thanks.
Old 01-21-06, 06:49 PM
Cool New Member

Hi Rogue, did you ever finnish work on the Muppet Movie cover?

I'm really dying to get this!

I have some other customs for The Muppet Movie and The Muppets Take Manhatten I can send you if you'd like to check out... if they'd help in any way.

I think the cover for one of the Muppet Movie covers I have is pretty cool, but yours seems more polished and I'd love to see you finnish it off!

If not, perhaps I can send you these other two covers and maybe you can just do something with the spines because I like how clean and efficient yours are in the pictures above.

So please let me know if you've done anything else with these or if you'd like to take a crack at some other Muppet custom covers!

Thanks a lot!!
Old 01-23-06, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hey Oliver.

I never did finish the Muppet Movie cover. Besides my severly lacking Photochopping skills, whenever I think I might have some time, life seems to kick my ass. And as you might notice in the post above yours, I asked one of the many pros that frequent this site (or at least, USED to*) if they wouldn't mind helping out. That was last year.

If you'd like to send the other two covers (or if you want me to host 'em), feel free.

(by "USED" to, I mean when the pros actually used to share with this forum's members and not direct them to sites that require them to pay for them).