Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

How to print covers to replace snap cases?

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

How to print covers to replace snap cases?

Old 05-11-01, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone interested in making a website to support our fellow snapper haters? I can probably get a couple gig of disk space on a T1 if you are interested.
Old 05-11-01, 02:58 PM

[please dont ignore mode on]

someone please tell me how to download these files from that ftp server

[please dont ingnore mode off]
Old 05-11-01, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As for choice of method to print the covers, this was discussed months ago in a thread comparing inkjet versus laser printers. The inkjet printers get way smoother tones and smaller dots than the colour laser printers. What the laser printers excel at is pure saturated colour such as those used in colour graphics. For pictures, an inkjet is the best choice for consumers and some prosumers. Dyesub is just too expensive given the source material for the scans.

Bust, you could make a slightly better scan by altering the contrast in photoshop just a little bit and brightening the colors. There is a filter that does this.
Old 05-11-01, 03:22 PM

TripleH,

Just point your browser here:

ftp://[email protected]:3131/

Then logged in with dvd/dvd.

Then you should be able to rigth click the ones you want and do a save as.
Old 05-12-01, 08:44 AM

Since we're on the topic of snappers. Has anyone managed to make decent sleeves from the Lethal Weapon SE (1-3) covers? The shiny covers are impossible for me to scan.

I'm also looking for neat cover scans for The Decalogue and Terror on Elm Street Box that would save me a bunch of (future) work

Also if anyone ever gets a cover site going let me know since I have close to a hundred scans laying about.
Old 05-12-01, 11:15 AM

thanks for the tip, has anybody other sites where i can find those covers, im looking especially for romeo must die and the whole nine yards.
Old 05-12-01, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally posted by DJGriffith
Is anyone interested in making a website to support our fellow snapper haters? I can probably get a couple gig of disk space on a T1 if you are interested.
Like I said before, I would definately be willing to contribute, but I'm not exactly the guy to do the web page. Unless we want it to look like crap!
Old 05-12-01, 02:10 PM
mdX

use ftp://dvd:[email protected]:3131/ instead =)

btw, I leave school next weekend-ish, so that's how long the server will be up. If someone wants to mirror the files for the summer drop me an email at [email protected]

Originally posted by Shay
TripleH,

Just point your browser here:

ftp://[email protected]:3131/

Then logged in with dvd/dvd.

Then you should be able to rigth click the ones you want and do a save as.
[Edited by mdX on 05-12-01 at 12:12 PM]
Old 05-12-01, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does anyone have a cover for Halloween H2O?
Old 05-14-01, 10:12 AM

This has been a helpful thread. I have printed a couple of covers from mdX ftp site. I have one question, has anyone had any problems with humidity or any other moisture causing the ink to bleed on the covers and stick to the cases?
Old 05-14-01, 11:05 AM
Defunct Account

Looking for covers for Twilight Zone Volumes 1-5 (bought the set that came in jewel cases.) Monty Python's Meanngof Life, andSawshank Redemption.

TIA!

-Videophile
Old 05-25-01, 12:28 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Milo
This has been a helpful thread. I have printed a couple of covers from mdX ftp site. I have one question, has anyone had any problems with humidity or any other moisture causing the ink to bleed on the covers and stick to the cases?
I haven't encountered this problem as of yet. The ink pretty much prints dry on the photo paper I am using. Weird, huh.
Old 05-25-01, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by adamblast
Another related question: what can I use to get the stickers off of a bunch of AOL dvd-style cases? Trying by hand will just ruin them.
Any drug store should carry Goo-Gone.
Old 05-25-01, 12:17 PM

How about "A Christmas Story"? I pretty much screwed it up when I pulled the cardboard apart, used scissors on it and crammed it into am amaray case.

Anyone, please?
Old 05-25-01, 08:17 PM

videophile: The Twilight Zone covers can be found here.
Old 05-25-01, 09:31 PM
Banned

as long as (american) studios insist on putting out dvd product in crappy snappers, i think we're going to need a "napster" of sorts, one for alternate media covers and their ilk!

-skipper
Old 06-03-01, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
Please help me understand. I am computer ignorant. I have downloaded the image I wish to print I have downloaded MediaFaceII from Neato.com. My problem is that I am not sure of how to format the image to the correct dimensions. Also, I cannot get my printer to print from the MediaFace II
grid. Would someone please gently instruct me how to do this. If I am incorrect in what I am doing please tell me how to fix this so I can get new cases for my beloved DVDS.
Thanks to all in advance.
Randy

Old 06-03-01, 05:34 PM
Defunct Account

Knut, thanks for the Twilight Zone link. I had seen these covers before, and was hoping to find something a little better. The cover at NBCi don't match the rest of the series. (For example, the original covers have the volume number at the top, were these have a pcture of Serling.) Anyone know where I can get scans of the covers that were released as individual volumes?

TIA,

-Videophile
Old 06-08-01, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Randy810
Please help me understand. I am computer ignorant. I have downloaded the image I wish to print I have downloaded MediaFaceII from Neato.com. My problem is that I am not sure of how to format the image to the correct dimensions. Also, I cannot get my printer to print from the MediaFace II
grid. Would someone please gently instruct me how to do this. If I am incorrect in what I am doing please tell me how to fix this so I can get new cases for my beloved DVDS.
Thanks to all in advance.
Randy

Same here, and I even have some desktop publishing experience. I have NO idea w/ this software, it seems like you just insert an image and it should print. Help!
Old 06-09-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Note: You should ensure that the Image Print Size is somewhere close to the following:

Print Size (in Inches)
Width: 10.703333 Height: 7.296666 Resolution: 300 (pixels per inch)

I have seen resolutions of 150dpi with the following Print Size (in Inches):
Width: 10.753333 Height: 7.173333

It's best if you print the image lengthwise, so either rotate the image in the art program before printing, or select Landscape as your printing orientation.

Print the covers using legal sized paper and make sure you have alot of ink.
Old 06-11-01, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am asking for a great deal of help.
I use to be intellegent before I got a computer. I have dowloaded the NEATO software, I have found the images I want to print, I even purchased 8.5 x 14 photo paper. What I cannot do is properly insert the image onto the template for proper printing. Please help me before I pull out all my gray hair! Thanks in advance
Randy

Old 06-11-01, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does any have or know where I can download a cover for
Frank Herbert's Dune 2000?

Thanks a bunch

Old 06-13-01, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Randy810
I am asking for a great deal of help.
I use to be intellegent before I got a computer. I have dowloaded the NEATO software, I have found the images I want to print, I even purchased 8.5 x 14 photo paper. What I cannot do is properly insert the image onto the template for proper printing. Please help me before I pull out all my gray hair! Thanks in advance
Randy

Sorry I couldn't help you earlier Randy. I just got un[SUSPENDED].

I also downloaded the NEATO software and thought it SUCKED so I promptly uninstalled it. I imagine this probably won't be much help, but the program I have been succsessfully using came with our scanner. It is called Adobe PhotoDeluxe. My suggestion to you would be to use a program that you can create a measured work area (Microsoft Publisher?) and then paste an image to fit into that area. I wish I could be more help but I'm not sure what you're working with or what you have available.
Old 06-13-01, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dear Bust
Thanks for your advice I took it and found a great simple program called CoverPro 7.1.5. It is free and downloadeable, and recommended by my text publisher. I printed 3 covers and they look great. My next mission is to
find 2 covers that don't seem to exist --
12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars

Eclectic if nothing else.
Thanks again without your suggestion I never would have looked at my publisher and founf the really simple program that works!!

Randy

Old 06-13-01, 04:37 PM
Banned

No problem Randy. I love to help and Lord knows I got a lot of help myself through this thread. As for the covers you need, I would be happy to scan them for you but I don't have access to them.

Boy, I sure wish I could get those Star Wars covers from ckolchak!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.