Mst3k Wtf?

Old 07-06-04, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mst3k Wtf?

edit

Last edited by K Tm S; 05-10-10 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-06-04, 10:33 AM

I thought there were problems with Santa Claus, as some guy had repurchased the rights to make a remake. Oh well, the more newer MST3K the better for the fans, even if it is a repackaging. More sets will follow is also great news.
Old 07-06-04, 10:44 AM

Is there a chance of seeing 'Outlaw', aka 'Outlaw of Gor' on disc anytime soon?
Old 07-06-04, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as I'm concerned, the more MST3K we get, the better. Sure, I would prefer them not reissue an episode already available, but I am thrilled that "Santa" is getting released.
Old 07-06-04, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A whopping 2 episodes!
Old 07-06-04, 02:28 PM

Hmmmmmm....wonder why these wouldn't be included in another MST3K Collection set?

Oh well, the more episodes properly released, the better.
Old 07-06-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmmmmmm....wonder why these wouldn't be included in another MST3K Collection set?
They're probably trying to figure out the best way to release them; they seem to experiment a lot with it.

For my money, I'd rather buy two for $25 (marked down to about 17-20) than 4 for $60 (even marked down to $40), because those "collections" always feel like a big purchase at $40 or so ...

But I also hate the Collections because I like to keep the seasons together, and the collections don't even distinguish between Joel and Mike episodes.
Old 07-06-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MST3K on DVD? FYI LOL, IMO! BTW, BRB.

Just kidding, but seriously the title could have been a bit more descriptive. Anyway it's good news for me I guess since I don't have Manos yet.
Old 07-06-04, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What are you guys so happy about? This is horrible news. Rhino has been great about not reissuing episodes they’ve already released, and now they're doing this bullshit. I collect every MST3K episode, so I already have Manos. I don't want to have to pay for it again in order to get Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (a great episode). Why can't they just stick with their 4-episode box sets? This is ridiculous.
Old 07-07-04, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by caiman
What are you guys so happy about? This is horrible news. Rhino has been great about not reissuing episodes they’ve already released, and now they're doing this bullshit. I collect every MST3K episode, so I already have Manos. I don't want to have to pay for it again in order to get Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (a great episode). Why can't they just stick with their 4-episode box sets? This is ridiculous.
I completely agree. This is a stupid-ass idea.
Old 07-07-04, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by caiman
I completely agree as well.
Old 07-07-04, 09:56 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy
But I also hate the Collections because I like to keep the seasons together, and the collections don't even distinguish between Joel and Mike episodes.
Season sets would mean hundreds of dollars each time. And let's be honest, not everything they did was gold.

I like the 4 episode sets they were doing. Throwing MANOS back out there is a sh***y way to treat the fans.
Old 07-07-04, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Season sets would mean hundreds of dollars each time.
You misread me, I said I like to organize them by season, not that I expect them to release them by season.

Although I have bought bootlegs off E-bay, and it was much less than $100 (though I've seen Season 3 go that high).
Old 07-07-04, 10:06 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Hell, with bootlegs, you could buy the entire series (and I mean everything they did for the show) for under $1000.
Old 07-07-04, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shelf space permitting, naturally

Season Six took up three five-disc cases (I mixed official releases in with the boots, the boots were two to a disc) ... I'm scared to buy a set where each ep is its own disc -- I already don't have enough room for my discs.

[Just for the record, any episode they release, I'll buy, if only because the quality will be better than the bootlegs ... that said, I've been surprised at how good some of the discs look, even ones with two eps per disc.]
Old 07-07-04, 12:13 PM

I'd buy it if it has the riffed and original movie versions of both movies. Prolly too much to hope for though.

I just can't bring myself to actually buy the original non-MST3k version of Manos, even if it is chump change. But if it just "happens" to be on this disc, well, gosh, my gal will have to sit through it with me.
Old 07-07-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will the new 'Manos' disc still have "Poopie" on it?
Old 07-07-04, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll buy it because it is MST3K, but it is crappy news. If they at least put poopie on the new release I can sell the current Manos disc. The biggest problem is the MST3K DAP already released Santa Claus Vs. the Martians on DVD and its a pretty decent looking release. Now I have to toss that as well.
Old 07-07-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 317 Likes on 239 Posts
I too wish they'd put this with some other unreleased material, but I'd like to get this. Is there any way to contact Rhino to ask them to reconsider? I mean they're basing these off a fan poll anyways.
Old 07-07-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is depressing. I thought they were moving towards the 4 disc sets, and now this happens. I would think most MST fans have Manos because it is gold, so this is a crappy thing to do.