Community
Search

Degrassi is coming

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-04, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Degrassi is coming

Tvshowsondvd.com announced today that Degrassi the next Generation Season One will be availible of DVD on September 28th.

Degrassi: The Next Generation - The Ultimate Box Set is coming to DVD this Sept. 28th from Funimation, according to information found at the website promoting this release.

According to the site, The Ultimate Box Set Includes:
Director's Cut of Episodes 1-15 (Season One)
Degrassi Karaoke: Lyrics light up as you sing!
Choose the version with lyrics or try your skill without.
On the Casting Couch...Auditions: Be one of the first to see Ultimate Set Exclusive audition tapes for 10 Degrassi stars
PLUS.. Bloopers and Deleted Scenes for EVERY EPISODE
That's more than 100 Bonus Features!
FREE INSIDE: Locker Décor that you can only find in the box set.

Check out the site for more information, including online streaming video about some of these things we're talking about. And stay tuned for more info such as specs, pricing, and artwork, which we'll report about just as soon as it becomes available. Our thanks to all of our readers who wrote in to tell us about this.
they even mentions another website that had all the specs, plus upcoming trailers, the site is http://www1.funimation.com/degrassi/#
Old 06-06-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll buy it, BUT I WANT THE ORIGINAL GODDAMNIT!
Old 06-07-04, 03:09 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
what about Degrassi Jnr High and High ?

they are the classics

The kids of Degrassi street was the warm up

Jnr High was the pre main event

High was the main event

Next gen is the hang on
Old 06-07-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, but, in theory, wouldn't the new one sell the best, because it has the newest viewers (the ones who might be fickler) hooked *now* ... and, my point is, if it sells best, then the other ones will be quicker to come out, right?

Just a thought. I like 'Next Gen', but I doubt I'd want to *buy* the set. Though it's cool that they're packing it with stuff.
Old 06-07-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really wonder how popular this show is in the states. Noggin runs it all the time but thats no sign of it's popularity. I like the show (I don't know why, can't explain it) but I would much rather "Out There" be released on dvd. It was another Noggin show but it was really well done. It was more of an all ages type show instead of a teen angst show (nothing wrong with those).
Old 06-07-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Noggin runs it all the time but thats no sign of it's popularity.
Sure it is; they stopped showing 'Pete and Pete' pretty quickly because it was *un*popular.

Also, it's The N after 6PM. "Noggin" is the kids version. Kinda like "Nick" and "Nick at Nite", only even younger.

really wonder how popular this show is in the states.
Well, Entertainment Weekly has a story about it this week. Granted, it's not a huge story, but I tend to think that if EW covers something, it's got a lot of people who know what it is.

Also, they had some big weird thing I don't understand touring the USA, including Madison Square Garden, to honor the beginning of the new season, even though it was actually just the second half of the season. So I tend to think they're popular. The thing is, people don't admit to liking it (like you, saying "I don't know why, can't explain it").

but I would much rather "Out There" be released on dvd.
'Degrassi' is a show that originated in region 1, though, and, thus, it's a more logical release.