Community
Search

Cary Grant: Signature Collection HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-04, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cary Grant: Signature Collection HELP

A local store is selling this for $39.99

I am selling a DVD to a friend for $25, and selling another DVD to a store for $10. Technically, this set will end up costing me $5. I want to get it, but I'm not sure I'll like it. I haven't seen many Cary Grant films -- just Charade and all of the Hitchcock films he was in. I like Grant as an actor, but I dunno...are these films any good? I am really interested in seeing Destination Tokyo and My Favorite Wife, but I'm not sure about the others. Can someone convince me to buy this???
Old 06-03-04, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's going to cost you $5. You want to see at least 2 of the films. You can resell the others and end up making a profit. You'll MAKE money by getting this set.

You need someone to convince you to do this?
Old 06-03-04, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bboisvert
It's going to cost you $5. You want to see at least 2 of the films. You can resell the others and end up making a profit. You'll MAKE money by getting this set.

You need someone to convince you to do this?
Well, I WILL be selling a DVD for $25. and I WILL be selling another for $10 dollars. I'm not really making money, but I guess in some twisted way I will. I'm automatically going to be selling Night & Day...I hear that film is horrible, does not portray Cole Porter as a homosexual (He was, you know), and is a boring biopic without the old Cary Grant-esque wit and charm. I'm interested in the others.
Old 06-03-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer and My Favorite Wife are worth a look. Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House has its fans, but I'm not one of them. Destination Tokyo and Night and Day are crap.
Old 06-03-04, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, I thought you meant you were going to be selling films FROM THIS SET. That's why I couldn't understand why you were debating so much. Anyway, it's a decent set for a great price. The films aren't all winners, but if you have means to get rid of the ones you don't like, it could definitely work out to be a good deal.